Author Topic: Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017  (Read 1080 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

:) :D ;D :D :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:05:20 AM »
Good Morning!

Looks like today will be a back to normal kind of day for me.  Yesterday was a friendship day.  My gf from HS came up and we spent the afternoon together.  We grabbed lunch, and then went to a movie.  Then we went out to a covered bridge to take a few photos.  After that we just came to my house and visited for a while.  She left to head home around 6.  It was a nice afternoon.

Today, it is back to normalcy.  Hubs has to leave this morning and be out of town for work until late Thursday, so I will be on my own as far as dinner, and anything else. 

My kitchen and downstairs bathroom could use a good once over.  I also want to get down to my pantry area in the basement and reorganize all of that stuff.  I can also take an inventory and know what I have and be able to menu plan better based on that.
Not sure if I will get to the pantry today or not, but at least it is on my list of projects to work on at some point.

The sun is shining, but I think it is rather cold out.  Still in the upper 30's right now.  I need to consider how to adjust my exercise goals for the winter months.  Thinking about doing more indoor walking workouts and possibly some yoga videos as well.  I need to work on balance and range of motion.  It is one thing that I think we lose with age, and I want to keep up on that before it can happen.

Tomorrow is my usual weight watchers, walking, lunch day, and then running a couple of errands while I am out.  Hoping we can walk outside.  I fear our days are numbered for outdoor walks unless we prepare and really dress for the weather.  I don't like being cold though, and plus, I have been having hot flashes more frequently, so dressing for winter, and then having a flash does not sound like a fun situation!!  ;)

Hope all of you are having a great day, and are feeling productive.
Would love to hear what all of you are up to!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
Hi Pam!

Yes, we're dealing with the same thing about walking and darkness falling fast. Hubby gets home at 5:20 and then dinner is ready and last night it was pitch black at 6 pm. We did a small walk around the block right after dinner but it was so dark and even with street lights I felt like we were not easily seen. I just don't know what to do since mornings aren't much better.

We had my favorite meal last night: mashed potatoes with cabbage mixed together and then smoked sausage pieces mixed in at the end. So good! With a dab of butter and to me this is total comfort food. But sadly, there isn't any leftovers. I really , really need to meal plan but I just don't what will sound good the night before. I do have a pound of ground beef thawing but no plans for what to do with it yet!

The cat has woken us up two nights in a row with her barfing. We just don't know what is wrong with her. She is geriatric age and the vet said that might just be a sign of old age and to give her soft food when this happens. I'll try it.

Not much more happening in my neck of the woods.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats