Author Topic: Monday, Nov. 13, 2017  (Read 1057 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Nov. 13, 2017
« on: November 13, 2017, 06:26:26 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

;D ;D ;D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, Nov. 13, 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:40 AM »
Hi and good morning to all,

Looks like everyone missed Friday! I also was to busy to post.

Today is dark and dreary again. It's that changing weather business going on. I'm not complaining about it because it hasn't been frosty in the mornings lately. I'll take that.

We had a very good productive weekend doing very little! Well, we did a little. I got my few groceries on Thurs. night but on Friday we went to Save A Lot and found some good meat prices. Some beef, pork and a ham. The beef was quite nice looking steaks so I googled how to make a good stead and cooked one package right away. It was so good. I'm saving the other for Christmas when the kids are all home. The ham we sliced up and is frozen ready to use for sandwiches or scalloped potatoes or something. We roasted one of the pork roasts for dinner yesterday. It was good too. I also made a pot of pea soup with the ham bone and we'll have that during this week.

We got a walk in on Friday morning but not on Saturday or Sunday because of rain all day. I hope to find some non-wet weather to walk this week. I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving already.  I think I might head out on black Friday just to see what deals there are but definitely not early or anything. Unless my mom wants me to sit with my SIL with her on that day. That will come first.

Not much else going on in my world.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
Hi to anyone who happens by here today!

Hoping a few more of you take a minute to post than have been as of late.  Are any of you out there??

Our weekend was really nice.  We left late morning Friday and headed north.  Hubs had to go to a radio station up there to record a couple of things, so I did a little shopping while he did that. 
We checked into the resort, and then just relaxed a bit.  We met up with his radio/work partner and her family for dinner a nice little Mexican restaurant.  Had a nice time.
Saturday morning hubs had his 5K run.  It was so cold and snowing, so I just relaxed in our room.  Once he was done, we grabbed lunch (shared a sandwich) in the sports bar while watching the start of the MSU game.  The game went bad fast, so we decided to ditch!  We went to check out a brewery that we hadn't heard of before in the area.  Ran into some friends there, so that was fun.  Stopped into a great little restaurant that we love for a small bite before heading home.  On the way we popped into the Northern MI's version of Trader Joes.  I picked up a few things that I haven't tried before and hubs got some coffee beans. 
It was just a really relaxing couple of days.  Nothing major planned, so we kind of planned as we went.  We never get to do that, so it really was nice.

Home yesterday.  Neither one of us left the house all day.  The only time that happens is on Christmas day, because nothing is open! Even then, sometimes hubs runs to the gas station for coffee or something!  Now, I stay home all day/night quite often, but for hubby to not go anywhere is unheard of!  It was really an accomplishment for him almost!   :D
I worked on laundry, and he did last minute pre-winter yard clean up.  Putting away some lawn chairs and the grill and a couple other things that needed to be done a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't been taken care of.  They are now, so that is good.

Today, I have to fold the clothes that were hanging to dry and put those away.  Also need to do some kitchen things. Dishwasher, wash a few things that can't go into the dw, and definitely need to shake the rugs and mop the floor.  It is in definite need of attention!!  :P

Tomorrow we are headed to the other side of the state to a huge Christmas store and the larger outlet mall to Christmas shop.  I am hoping to get most of our shopping done.  Hubs is going to be working on the drive over and back on his computer in car.  Other than that, he will have the day kind of off. 

We are going to VA for Christmas to be with our son and dil, along with our other 2 sons, so I am trying to keep gifts fewer and small since we will be hauling all of it down there. 

I think I am going to make butternut squash macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight.  Will see how that works out!  Trying to cut back on the consumption of meat these days.  Will also see how that works out!!  ;)

Not much else is happening here.  Hope to see what y'all are up to!  Please check in!
Have a great day!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:12:04 AM »
Good morning!

Having some steel cut oats made in the IP using the timer setting last night.  Added Craisins, pecans, hemp seed, and brown sugar---mmm!  Earl's off for the holiday weekend but the kids only had Friday, so after we get them to school we're going hiking.  Earl rarely goes so I'll keep it short, maybe 3 miles or so with only one small mountain to climb.  It will be in the 40's, and up to maybe 53 by the time we finish, so perfect weather for walking/hiking.  I have a rain jacket packed in case the drizzle starts early.

Haven't checked in for a bit but did my 26.8 mile backpacking trip a couple weekends ago and had a blast!  5 of us gals went (17 to late 60's in age)--the forecast kept dropping lower and lower and it ended up being even colder at night than we expected, 28 the first night and 25 the second, but we bundled up and did just fine other than tent poles freezing together night 2.  The many water crossings were cold, though!  Around 32 altogether and at least 6 that were wet (as in having to wade/walk them in water shoes), two about calf high.  Now I've set a bigger goal for next year as that helps keep me motivated on the exercise front.

Got my turkeys bought at Target yesterday as that's the lowest price I've seen in years here (.69 a lb).  One for Thanksgiving and one for later sometime. Staying here for the holidays but we're supposed to meet my parents over in Arkansas after the 1st of the year for several days.  Keeping presents less in order to do this but think the time together will be a better use of the money.

Hope you all have a great week!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »
Sounds like a nice quiet weekend Alice.

Good to see you Catherine!  Love hearing about your hiking adventures!  I would love to do more hiking for sure.  How did your husband enjoy your hike together?
I made overnight crockpot oatmeal for my husband's breakfasts this week too.  I don't do oatmeal, so it makes enough to feed him all week.  I have it all separated out into containers so he will be all set.  I have a feeling his cholesterol may be climbing again, so oatmeal is a good option for him.  Peanut butter banana this week!

Who else is out there???
Pam 
Wife of 32 years