Author Topic: Thurs. Nov. 16, 2017  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thurs. Nov. 16, 2017
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:45:26 AM »
Happy Thursday!

Next week is Thanksgiving already! I am looking forward to the long weekend off!

Last night after work we spent about an hour and a half at the car repair shop. Son's car had a service engine soon light on so we needed to see if it was safe to drive or not. They need to keep it for more testing today. That's ok because he can use the girls' car while they are both out of town. But that threw off all my dinner plans. I intended to make a casserole for supper but it didn't have enough time to cook for our dinner last night but I made it anyway and we will have it tonight. I ended up warming up leftovers and making taquitas with some chicken leftovers. I have to say that taquitas are easy enough to make that I can get that done very quickly.  I used to buy them in big boxes in the store until I realized that they were much tastier and very easy to make. We all had enough last night and dinner for tonight is all set to go too! Win!

It poured like crazy all day yesterday and then it stopped toward the evening and then the wind picked up. Today is dry so far but a bit windy. There might me a chance of snow/rain/drizzle today with much colder temps. Blah, I just don't enjoy winter coming.

I'm so ready for the weekend. Hubby and I are starting our little mysterious Saturday adventures. We each think of something we can do on a Saturday and take the other there often without telling each other where we're going. It's like a mini-vacation! We did that last year and liked it a lot. We've been trying to find something from our Dutch heritage called gebakjes. I like taking him to grocery stores of different countries.  We just both come up with wonderful places and we find lovely little places all over Grand Rapids where we live. It is really fun.

Alice
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:48:03 AM by Alice »
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thurs. Nov. 16, 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »
Good day ladies!

I have a not sure what to do day today!  I have a long list of things I could do, but a short list of things I really want to do!  ;)

The weather really effects my mood and feelings, so the dreary coldness has me kind of down.  I will have to overcome it, because tonight I have to go to an event with hubby.  It is a dinner at the food, wine & beer festival.  Not really looking forward to it, but I'm sure we will have fun once we get there.  I think I have to meet him down there around 7. 

I guess I will work on my Christmas to do list.  I need to get my plan in order, because I feel like I am getting such a late start (for me anyway), and since we will be hauling everything to VA, I have to be strategic with limited space.

Alice, your Saturday adventures sound fun!  Have you ever been to Steenstra's Royal Dutch Bakery in Grandville? I have not been there, but I think they do make some Dutch things.  Mostly I have seen people talk about their Banket that is available year round.  Not sure if it would be worthy of one of your destinations, but maybe as a stop along the way.

Hope everyone has a great day! 
Would love to hear what you are all up to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25