Author Topic: Tuesday, November 28  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, November 28
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:18:07 AM »
Good morning!  I know someone has to be out there somewhere! ;D

It's been a week since anybody posted.  Is everybody busy preparing for Christmas since Thanksgiving is over?  I have bought a couple of gifts for Emily and Tony, but that's about it.  I did order a gift for myself on Black Friday.  We have simplified our gift giving, so I guess I am through shopping.  All I have left to do is buy some gift cards for the grandkids.  I've been told they have enough toys. :D

What's everybody up to?  I wish you all would check in and say hello.  I have been guilty of not posting much myself, but my days are never very exciting.  We try to get the homeschool work completed first thing every day, then I usually get busy working in the kitchen or outside.  Here lately it's been warm enough to be outdoors, so I have been picking up a lot of pecans from our four trees.  We spend a couple of hours each evening cracking and shelling them while watching tv.  I have 10 gallon bags shelled so far and about 5 buckets left to do.  Those are just the ones I have picked up.  Some are still on the trees and I will get them as soon as they hit the ground.

I hope to hear from you today.  Check in if you get the chance!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Tuesday, November 28
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
I'm here!  I haven't posted much because I feel like no one bothers and I feel like I'm talking to myself. Since you asked us to say "hello" I've decided to post something today.

I'm not purchasing anything for my family again this year. Two of the three kids are graduated from college and have jobs so they buy what they want and need. The last child is finishing her final semester this spring but we have spent a lot on her this semester while she is studying abroad. We've paid for her to be there and that's enough.

I did buy myself a pair of new winter boots that I desperately need. I've decided not to buy cheap anymore and ordered a good pair from LL Bean. Sadly, they didn't have any online discounts at all. So I paid full price for them. I noticed my son has been Christmas shopping for his sisters and from the amount of the deliveries, I see my oldest is shopping online as well. Looks like they will be having some gifts from each other.

My freezer is nicely full and then my parents gave me a turkey and told me to make it fit! Wow, that was a challenge. I've got a smoked turkey carcass in there that I need to make broth from and I took out the frozen lasagna for dinner tonight and it is still full. All blessings.  I know we will plow through the food when all three kids are home for Christmas break. I've been hearing what kinds of favorites they want when they are home so I'm ready to make that happen.

We also put up my Christmas village. Actually, hubby put up the village which he has never done before. I have my old college 2' Christmas tree that I put up but this year we added another 2' tree from Aldi. I cleaned out the basement cupboards of all the Christmas stuff--wrapping paper, tissue paper, boxes, decorations and found an old wreath with light that didn't work. I took the time to undo all the lights and put on new ones. Hubby liked it so well that we had to put that up. He found a wreath in the road  yesterday while driving and picked it up and so we'll see what we can do with that tonight. It has been a while since I have "felt" like putting up stuff.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, November 28
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
Hello Ladies!

Good to see you.  I have been busy and preoccupied lately.

Had a nice Thanksgiving.  College son was home for 2 nights, and then headed to see his gf and back to South Bend as he had to work Sunday.  It was good to see him.

I had to drive back to my parents' house yesterday to borrow their Christmas tree.  Well, they actually gave it to us.  They haven't put up a large tree in a few years.  It's just too much for them.  We threw our 20+ year old artificial tree after last year.  It was losing needles, and just needed to go.  A couple weeks ago I thought, oh - we don't have a tree.  So I asked my mom if they were going to use theirs , and she said we were welcome to it.  That saved us having to buy one.

Today I have been working on some genealogy since my Dad gave me a bunch of information yesterday.  Lots of interesting stuff.  And a few mysteries as well.

We went to see Coco last week.  A really great movie.  2 of my 3 boys have seen it and really liked it as well.  Nice for them to see something that is so culturally familiar.  Wouldn't mind seeing it again sometime.

Have been working on Christmas card list.  Compiling all the address into a label file.  Once my cards get here I can print all the labels, and it should be a quick job.

Tomorrow night we are going to the Civic theatre to see Annie.  Our niece is in it, so we thought we should go see it.  I'm sure it will be good.

Just trying to stay on top of things around here! 
Have a nice night!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25