Author Topic: Monday December 4, 2017  (Read 944 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday December 4, 2017
« on: December 04, 2017, 07:54:10 AM »
Good Morning,

I have been absent for a while...lots of things to process. Not good.

My daughter in Honduras in Tegucigalpa is in the middle of political unrest. Presidential elections took place last week and no winner has been announced which is led to very violent protests, riots and killings. A week later still no news on a president and her school has been cancelled all week and even yet today. There could be more protests and riots once a winner is announced. There are mandatory curfews in place and the US teachers are advised to stock up on food and water and then not go out if they don't have to. Airports are closed. We don't see things like this here so it is very upsetting to this mom. I know we have riots and killings but thankfully not where we live and I wish for those areas that do have them, safety. There is an evacuation plan in place but it means going through mountainous terrain and that doesn't sound safe to me.

It has been a long and tiring weekend using whatsapp to talk to our daughter. She is safe for now and I hope she can still get home later this month for Christmas. I know she also needs to go back in January so I hope the violence settles down quickly.

I did nothing this weekend. We ate leftovers and basically are living in a fog. And we pray a lot for the safety of our daughter but also for the country of Honduras right now.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday December 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
Oh Alice. How frightening for your daughter, and for all of your family as you wonder what is happening and what will happen.
Will keep all of you as well as Honduras in prayers.

Our weekend was busy and a lot of running around.  We went to Mackinac Island Friday.  Went to their community tree lighting, and then to a couple of parties with some of our friends.  Got up early Saturday morning to catch the first ferry off island at 8:30.  At least it seemed early since we were out late.  Drove 4 hours to Mother in law's birthday party.  Stayed there for a couple of hours, and then drove the 2 1/2 hours home.  It was a long long long day!

Sunday we decorated our tree and tried to sort and organize all of our ornaments.  I pulled a bunch out for our son & daughter in law.  Things that he made growing up, or were gifts to him through the years. 

Today I need to run to the post office to mail a couple things and get stamps for Christmas cards.  I have the cards ready to go, just need to stamp them.
Also need to run into Aldi to get a couple of things.  Bananas, eggs, a few things like that.  Nothing major just fill ins for the week.

I have to figure out what we will have for dinner tonight as well.  Probably something with chicken, but I have no idea at this point. I haven't been too inspired as of late.  Too many things to take care of with the holidays coming up, so have been a little distracted.

Hope all of you are having a good day.  Rain here, but decent temps.  Apparently a huge cold front moving in tomorrow with snow in the forecast by week's end.   :P

Would love to hear what you are up to, and how your holiday preparations are coming along.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25