Author Topic: Monday, December 11, 2017  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, December 11, 2017
« on: December 11, 2017, 07:04:57 AM »
Good Morning,

I came to work in pretty good weather but an hour later it was a big amount of snowfall and the roads are now covered, the cars in the parking lot are covered and all the walkways are covered in snow. We're going to get a fairly decent amount of snow today.

It was a bit wild weekend. My son works two jobs--one local and one out-of-town. The local one is M-Th but the out-of-town one is Fri-Sun. 12 hour shifts. I have a brother that live near his out-of-town job that my son can go live with during the weekend which is really, really nice. So on Thurs. night we suggested he go there so on Friday morning he could get to work without having to drive through the snow. That first time is always the hardest but we went with him to help him find the easiest route and to help him acclimate. It was a good decision because Sat. morning was a big snowfall and being near the lake shore there was a lot of lake effect snow. So he stays there either Thurs. night or Fri. night through Sun. morning. After his shift on Sunday he drives home. It is a blessing to have family willing to help out! The first night was the roughest but the other nights he slept just fine.

I didn't sleep that first night because I felt like a mean mother pushing him out like it did, but with good intentions. The rest of the weekend was just fine. I gave mom a perm on Sat. and then a little grocery shopping but still the weekend just flew by. This is also the week my daughter comes home from Italy from her semester abroad. That time went by quickly. I'm ready for her to come home now. Then next week if all goes well, my other daughter hopes to come home for Christmas. There is still a lot of unrest in Honduras as no president has yet been appointed. Lots of demonstrations and riots going on. She is ready to get home for a while.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, December 11, 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:25:49 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who may follow.

Our weekend was quick, but nice.  We went to see "The Man Who Invented Christmas"  Friday.  It was a pretty good movie.  About Charles Dickens and how he came up with A Christmas Carol.  Not sure how accurate it was, but  I enjoyed it.

Saturday I stayed home and wrapped gifts.  I still haven't gotten that done. I get a little bored and distracted, so I move on to doing something else.  I know I would feel so much better if I got that task done, so I will work on it again today. 

Sunday we went over to my in-law's church. (they live 2 hours away).  They were having a special Mass for Our Lady of Guadalupe, the bishop from Detroit was there, so we went for the event.  It was really nice.  But a lot of time on the road. I know my in-laws appreciated us being there, so it was worth it.

Mexican for dinner tonight. Local son is coming over to eat, so it will be nice to see him for a bit.  His gf graduates from college Saturday, so we will send her gift with him.  Need to pull that together today too.

Will work on laundry today between wrapping gifts. I have put that off, so I need to get on that.
First, will put some beans in the crockpot, and some chicken in another one so all I will need to do around dinner time is make some rice.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
Good morning.

I wish I had better news to report, but I am sitting here in the hospital with my mother waiting on the doctors to make their rounds.

Please pray for us.  Thanks.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 11:07:53 AM »
Still Praying Cheryl.

Hope you got some good news today!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25