Author Topic: Thursday, December 21  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, December 21
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:39:46 AM »
Good morning!

I hope you are all enjoying Christmas time with family and friends!  Hopefully someone will post soon so I won't be talking to myself. :)

My life's been turned upside down since November 28 when my mother went to the hospital.  We have been so busy with going to stay with her day and night.  We live over an hour away from the hospital, so by the time we get home all we do is take care of the animals then fall into bed, sleep a little, then get up and do it all over again.

I am hoping the worst is behind us now.  She is slowly showing signs of improvement, and we are hopeful she will be moved from ICU into a regular room by Christmas. 

I am taking some time today to do a little house cleaning and laundry.  My house is a disaster and we didn't even bother decorating for Christmas, so it just looks blah. :(  It's been raining so my floors are especially in need of attention, and I saw some good size dust bunnies lurking around the corners. ;)

Well, I need to go drink my coffee so I will have the strength to tackle this mess.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Thursday, December 21
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
Hi Cheryl,

So glad to hear from you and that you had an update.  It is so good to hear there are improvements. Don't do too much so as to stress yourself out.

I've been absent since I've taken a few days off to bring one daughter home from her semester abroad and then to get her acclimated back to the U.S. I've helped my mom take care of my SIL for one day, continuing to work, and just getting ready for my other daughter to get home hopefully tonight. She is in Honduras where there has been political unrest for about a month and now that the President's name has been announced, the riots have started all over again. Then there was a major outage with her airline that had over 900 flights needing to be redirected and the fire in the Atlanta airport where she lands first. I'm in prayer all day that she has no problems getting home and that it will be easy flights and in our home by midnight tonight!

We had a small car issue this weekend as well as a ton of snow on Saturday and then ***POOF*** here we are at the last weekend before Christmas already. I only need a bag of potatoes to get by and I was thinking just get it on the weekend but it will be den of wolves in the store so I got them today during my lunch hour. I need nothing else! I am pretty sure I have a lot of good things in the freezer to make some decent meals for the two weeks while the kids are all home. I might need a gallon of milk sometime during that time but that will be about it.

That is all for me today. I might at least read posts tomorrow and may try to post depending on how busy life becomes.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »
Hi Girls!
Good to see you both here.  Cheryl: hope your mom continues to improve. Will keep her in prayer.  Try to treat yourself kindly in the midst of all you have going on!

Alice: I'm sure it is such a relief to have your one daughter home.  Hoping your other girl makes it home with no problems.  You will surely feel such peace having all of your kids home where they belong!

We are leaving first thing in the morning for Virginia to visit my son and daughter in law. Our two boys are coming too.  It is an 11 hour drive, so that should be fun.  ::)
We are going to try to be on the road by 5 am. 
Plenty to do before that.  Gifts are all done and wrapped, so that is off my list.  Need to finish up a couple of treats. Frosting a few cookies, cutting some bars, that kind of thing.  Shouldn't take too long.
Need to double check my list and make sure I have everything ready to go. 

Hope everyone has a very blessed Christmas!  Take time to enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:29:24 PM »
Pam,

Be careful tomorrow morning. Remember, we have a winter weather advisory starting tonight and will get very slick during the night. The morning commute could be dangerous!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats