Author Topic: Reflections on 2017; Hopes for 2018  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Reflections on 2017; Hopes for 2018
« on: January 03, 2018, 06:21:04 AM »
Good Morning,

I was thinking about the year 2017 and all the things it brought--both good and bad. I was thinking we could share a few reflections on the past year and our hopes or goals for the new year.

A couple of things right off the bat is that after a long 6+ year struggle with face pain, my mom had a procedure last Dec. 2016 that made her face pain go away completely. It's been a year already and my mom is doing well. Other than a few other things like gall bladder removal and a fall in May she has come through this nicely. For being 84 years old she has made a terrific comeback! Very thankful!

After 4 years living in this house and not exactly loving it (lived in former home for 22+ years and miss it), and a whole lot of renovations, we have decided to stay put and are finding contentment in what we have. We'll do a little job like carpeting but we'll learn to be joyful where we are.

I have learned to make the best beans and refried beans (thanks to Pam) and lots of other good things in my Instant Pot. I purchased the slow cooker lid and a couple extra seals and will make good use of that pot.

Our kids are all into adulthood and we'll say goodbye to the college years this year. I'm excited for that. Everyone will have to now work on getting on their feet and make lives for themselves that hopefully won't include living with us forever!

Hubby starts a new job and my prayer for him is that he will find satisfaction in employment. He's been bouncing from job to job for 5 years and I'm ready for stability for him.

My sister in law is not well and as we enter 2018 I wonder what life will be like for her and my brother. Non-malignant brain tumors are just as bad as malignant ones. They kill also. Her life isn't ever going to change for the better and it is only getting worse. God only knows and as hard as it seems, we must trust in Him.

As I reflect, I'm sure I'll think of more. Would anyone care to add?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Reflections on 2017; Hopes for 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
Great idea Alice.

With the holiday hustle and bustle, I have not yet been able to take time to reflect, or to look forward.  No resolutions thought about, none of it. 

I will say that 2017 was a fabulous year with my oldest son getting married and on the 31st my middle son getting engaged.  It was a pretty positive year over all. 

I will do some thinking on this and come back with an update when I have.

Would love some inspiration on resolutions/goals for 2018 if you have any ideas!

Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25