Author Topic: Wed. January 3, 2018  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wed. January 3, 2018
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:35:48 AM »
Good Morning everyone!

It is definitely winter here in Michigan! Snow is falling like crazy and it's pretty slick outside!

The New Years routine has started! Everyone is either at their jobs, school, or getting ready to go back to their homes this week. I have my two oldest kids at home right now and I'm enjoying every minute of that. We made home cooked meals every evening and then enjoy cups of tea late into the evening. Sometimes we sit and chat and sometimes they just do their own thing.

We enjoyed two options for meals last night--cheese broccoli soup and bread or beef enchiladas. They both sounded good and my daughter wanted the cheese broccoli soup before she leaves on Friday. So why not make both, right?

We've got a few things yet to do with her before she leaves so we need to make work of getting all that done. Then we'll be down to just our son and when he works we're down to just the two of us. Not bad because I like the quiet time too.

I hope the winter will fly by now and move into spring. Yes, I know, wishful thinking but I'm ready to turn my mind to warmer climates. I know my dad will be getting antsy to look at seed catalogs and he will want me to sit with him to make a plan for "our garden" this year. These are times that someday we won't have so I'll cherish what I have. 86 years old and still plants and cares for a huge garden amazes me.

I will be on the hunt for some empty pots for my patio herb garden this summer. A lot of mine are weather worn and will need to be replaced. Mismatched, colorful, colorless, big, small -- it won't matter to me. I have loved my herbs and especially drying them for winter use and I think I will expand my selection this year.

Tonight, I hope to reheat some steak from Monday and then add in some home fries along with a veggie or applesauce. There are lots of leftovers so if that isn't what someone wants, then they can choose something else. I know I will be on the hunt for ground beef in the next few weeks. My freezer has been used heavily during December and I don't see any ground beef anymore. I'll hold off on everything else and work with what's in there for January.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wed. January 3, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
Good afternoon!

Got waylaid, and didn't get here until now.  Don't want you to feel lonely Alice!

Went to my WW meeting this morning.  Did such damage over December that it will take a while for me to get back to where I need to be.
A fight that I feel like I have been waging (and somewhat losing) over the past couple months.  I will just keep at it. 

Okay, can we just agree that the cold and snowy weather is overrated!!  I am tired of it already.  It's not so bad most of the time, but with temps in the single digits with below zero real feel, it is kind of ridiculous!

The rest of the afternoon I need to do some computer research for hubs.  Nothing else I need to get done.  Need to do a quick vacuum once over in the living room.

Probably won't get much else done, because this weather makes me want to curl up in a blanket and watch a movie or read a book!! 

Tomorrow I was hoping to stay in, but I remembered that I have a chiropractor appointment in the afternoon, so I will be doing that.
I did a little shopping after my meeting this morning, but didn't find what I was looking for.  I need some super warm gloves.  Not sure where to find them, but seems like they are few and far between.  Hope I can find what I am looking for tomorrow since we are headed to an outdoor weekend on Friday!   :o

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »
Hello, ladies!

I’m trying to get back to a routine, but I’m having a hard time.  My mother is still in the ICU, we are visiting her most every day, school has started back, and I am having trouble finding a new normal.  Five weeks and counting and I still don’t know how to fit everything in my schedule that I need to do, plus my sister is driving me absolutely crazy. :o

Anyway, I hope to get to a place where I can catch up with you and get back to posting.  Talk to you soon!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:05:27 AM »
Cheryl,

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. I was hopeful that mama was getting better.

Don't worry about us over here for a while, you have to concentrate on what's on your plate for now. Make sure not get enough rest though because all the running around can take its toll on the body. Stay healthy!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:26 AM »
Good morning, Alice and everyone!

I am home until this evening when I will go to the hospital to sit with my mother.  I can't remember if I posted this here, but she had recovered from the flu and pneumonia then had a stroke.  That's what we are dealing with now.  The "we'll just have to wait and see" attitude from the neurologists is wearing thin with me. :(

Anyhow, I am taking advantage of this down time to cook a little ahead.  I have a crockpot of ribs going, I'm cooking green beans, potatoes, and okra for sides, and will do a pork tenderloin in the instant pot.  I found some leftover chili in the freezer that we can heat up for a fast supper.  I have a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs I want to fix also.

Well, guess I need to get busy.  Talk to you later!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 08:28:10 AM »
Oh my Cheryl you really have gone through it! 

Hope your Mom is making progress.  Will keep you all in my prayers.

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy.  Hang in there!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25