Author Topic: Friday, January 5, 2018  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, January 5, 2018
« on: January 05, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
Hello everyone,

It's a bittersweet day today. My kids have all gone to their homes to get on with their responsibilities. That means the Christmas season is officially over.

Our youngest daughter went back to school on Tuesday, our son went to his weekend work last night and our oldest daughter flew back to Honduras this morning. We were at the airport at 3:30 am to get her checked in for a flight out at 6 am. She is still in flight right now but will get to her destination in about an hour. I am working and it's going surprisingly well after not having slept during the short night. Now we're home alone for a while until our son comes home during the week and maybe if our youngest daughter comes home once in a while from college.

I have a ton of things to do this weekend. All the Christmas decorations have to be put away, the bedding has to be washed, the shower has to be scrubbed and everything needs a good dusting and vacuuming. We also need a gallon of milk and a few other essentials but I'm not buying a ton of things. We worked through a lot of and I'll just keep going. My stomach is a bit in knots and I'm not sure if I have a little bug or if it is the stress of the busyness in the last 3 to 4 days. I think I will stay in most of the day tomorrow. I want to sew and knit a little bit. I'm not very good at either but the little I can do might be just what I need to settle in.

MIL came over last night to say good bye to the kids and she had some homemade pizza with us. She doesn't always eat the best food and opts a lot for fast food so I was happy that she stayed for pizza. But this morning she was back to her fast food binge.

I just looked outside and much to my surprise is SUNSHINE and nice blue sky with a few clouds but at least it is bright and nice out. Cold though. I desperately need some sunshine and warmth.

Hey, that's my day. How is everyone else doing today?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

Re: Friday, January 5, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »
Hi Alice. :)

It is snowing here today.  Really cold too.  Sunday it is supposed to be rainy/snowy/icy and bad roads according to my 14 year old that thinks he is a meteorologist. HA!  To his credit, he is usually right, but this time I am hoping he isn't.  Ice is the worst and we are running low on firewood and having a difficult time locating seasoned wood. 

Went to the chiropractor yesterday to get an adjustment and my knee looked at.  He said he didn't think anything was torn but that I definitely have a ligament injury.  He put the tinge(sp?) unit on it while he adjusted me.  That thing is so weird.  It they turn it up high enough, your muscles actually start spasming.  I will be going back weekly to stay somewhat in-line so that hopefully the knee will heal quicker and prevent other injuries that way.

The rest of the day...finish school up, figure out dinner, get a hard workout in, and probably not a lot else.  Does anyone have an opinion on what type of non-stick pan is the better one to buy?  I don't usually use non stick, but am going to try doing egg whites for myself and eggs just don't cook right in stainless steel. :P 

Hope you feel better, Alice. :)

Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, January 5, 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »
Lindsay, try a well-seasoned iron skillet.  I have a small one I cook eggs in and they don’t stick.  I have had it a long time and love it.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn