Author Topic: Tuesday, January 9, 2018  (Read 983 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
Hi everyone,

Where are you all today?

It is a bit milder outside today but this morning it was very icy on the roads. I saw a truck that slid on the ice and into a small tree. Slowing down to stop at intersections was very difficult as there was ice on the roadways. Very scary.

I decided I am still going to go out for coffee on Friday with my friend. I sacrifice a lot for my family and when I have to sacrifice and give up my birthday for a little coffee is going too far. I am going to have my birthday coffee. I'll find other ways to make up for that expensive coffee. Maybe I'll turn the furnace off for the day.

It is a busy couple of days for me at work but I got most of it done so now I can review and double check stuff for the new year. For the home front, I now have to get stuff collected for taxes. Not at all my favorite time of year. And I have to train my 3 adult kids to gather their stuff for taxes. I have a checklist and one of my kids (son) has done that but the other two (girls) just don't seem to understand they have to file taxes every year. I know that I don't ever want any of them to get in trouble with the IRS for not filing or missing something important.

Other than doing a lot of "thinking" there is not much going on in my world.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, January 9, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:55:37 PM »
Hi Alice and any others who might check in!

My day has been a really low key day.  I have enjoyed having a quiet semi-nothing day.

I did the usual picking up and straightening. Dishwasher, that kind of thing.  Other than that, did some computer research for hubby.  Read some of the book I'm in.  Made and peeled some hard boiled eggs.  A whole lot of nothing.

I have had a headache all day.  Cutting back on caffeine, so not sure if it's from that, or a different tea I tried this morning.  Will have to figure it out at some point.  It hasn't been getting any better.

Making instant pot spaghetti for dinner.  Hubs won't be home, but he can have it whenever he does get home if he wants.

Nothing major in my world these days!  Kind of nice!!
Hope all is well with all of you!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25