Author Topic: Monday, Jan. 8, 2018  (Read 912 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Jan. 8, 2018
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:56:03 AM »
Hello All who may stop by!

How about a cup of tea??  :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

Re: Monday, Jan. 8, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »
Hi Pam!

Hope your weekend in the cold wasn't too COLD!  And hope you found those snow pants and gloves you were looking for.

Will try to stop by later at lunchtime break.

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

It's afternoon already so I'm late but I'm busy.

We had a really cold weekend but it's going to warm up.

We did some major deep cleaning Friday night (I didn't want to do it until Saturday but hubby was all about starting it Friday night!). At one point I was just so tired from being up since 2 am that I could not function one minute more. I dropped into bed at 8 pm and slept 10 hours. Saturday morning I dove right into finishing up the projects. That was finishing up some laundry and then doing the outside the home stuff--recycling, groceries, visiting parents, etc.

For lunch I made meatball subs which were good while we were eating them but very heavy on my stomach for the rest of the day. I used the leftover meatballs and sauce for a spaghetti for Sunday.

I am getting the feeling that January and going further into the first part of this year is going to be tough. There are things going on showing me that the finances are going to take a hit. I didn't expect this so I have a new plan that has to go into place immediately. That plan is not new to us it's just cutting back on groceries and any kind of shopping. We're not big spenders anyway so that itself will make it harder to cut more (what's more to cut?). I was going to go out for coffee with my girlfriend on Friday for my birthday but now I'm not sure I want to spend money on my once per year extravagant coffee. We go out once per year for out birthdays for an expensive Bigby coffee. Maybe I should just do it.

It won't be a matter of going hungry or losing our home but just going to tighten up for a while.

Did I say that our two daughters have gone back to their home away from home? So now we're back to having our son with us during the week and we're empty on the weekends.

I took down all the Christmas decorations and now our bay window looked so bare and white. I'm not much of a decorator but I wanted something to "warm" up the bay window. I put a long rug on the window seat and took an old lamp that my parents bought me when I was a child (and used during my college years, and let my daughter use when she was a child that now sits unused in her bedroom) and I put that on the rug. We turn that on at night and have a few dishes of candy also on the rug. It is so simple and yet it has really warmed up the bay window. It's not cluttered yet but it might get used as a place to put things. We'll see.

That's my weekend.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »
Good Evening Ladies!

Our weekend was a lot of fun.  It was very cold (-20* when we went out snowshoeing), but since I did find all of our winter gear, the sun was shining, and there was no wind, so we were prepared, and never even felt chilled!  We enjoyed it a lot!  4 hours out there snowshoeing in the woods and up to a bluff overlooking a lovely view.

We were suppose to do a river rafting excursion on Sunday, but the river had iced over, so we weren't able to do that.  I was fine with that since it was warmer, but very cloudy, and quite windy.  We had breakfast, and got on the road home.  That meant we were home at a decent hour.  I made chicken and rice soup for dinner.  It tasted really good.

Hubs had to go out of town this afternoon, and will be back sometime tomorrow night.  I am taking advantage of the quiet alone time.  I feel like I really need it!  We stopped at Aldi on the way home to get milk, eggs, and a couple of other things so I won't have to go out until Wednesday morning.  I actually didn't realize how much I needed this. 

I started to read a book that came in for my hubby a while back.  It is called Recipe Box, and comes out in March.  I like it so far.  It is written by a Michigan author, so it is set partly in Northern MI. 

Not much else going on here.  Doing laundry.  Relaxing.  Just being.
I made black bean soup for my dinner.  This time of year, I could eat soup 4 or 5 days out of the week!  Hubs, not so much!  ;)

Hope you all had a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25