Author Topic: Wednesday, January 10, 2018  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Happy Wednesday!

It is a dreary day today. Very overcast but the temps are 37 degrees. So that means melting snow. And perhaps rain for the next couple of days.

We had a rough night last night and I didn't sleep well at all. Let me list my troubles:

1. Hubby started a new job and doesn't like it so he quit. Not happy about this because he has been job bouncing for 5 years and I'm sick of it.
2. Bank called seeing unusual activity on daughter's account. Thankfully, it was legitimate activity and we knew about it so no action needed.
3. Sister in law with a brain tumor collapsed twice yesterday and once last Saturday. She is in the hospital to find out what the tumor is doing to make he collapse. She can't tell you what's wrong because he is 100% confused, she's blind, and the tumor is killing her.
4. A neighbor and members of our church are having marital problems and yesterday was court cases and one partner moving out and police cars and sadness for a broken family.
5. Another neighbor was in court yesterday for the sentencing of a young man who killed his daughter in a horrific car accident due to a police chase. That neighbor and family is very broken in the loss of their 21 year daughter. My heart breaks for them as our youngest daughter went to high school and college with her. An unfortunate loss that didn't have to happen.

These are not too much for God to help me through. I just have to remember that there are people who really do have it worse and for them I really feel bad for. I'm not giving myself a pity party either.

I do have a lot to be thankful for--food, a warm home, family, a job, Salvation.

OK, that's my talk for the day. What's going on in your world?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

Re: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:17:54 AM »
Hi Alice. :)

It always breaks my heart when you talk of your poor sister-in-law.  Situations such as that always make you think of all the good things in life that we all have to be thankful for, because there are those that don't have some of the most basic things that we take for granted. Hope she gets some kind of help at the hospital. Praying for her and your brother.  Can't imagine how hard it is on him.  Keep praying for a miracle--sometimes God makes them happen. :)

Not much going on here.  Finish school for the rest of the day, get an early workout in, an early dinner fixed too.  Have a chiropractor appointment early this evening.  Really, really looking forward to it! ;D  Don't talk about it often, but since I was in a wreck when I was 19, I have pain most days varying from tolerable to not tolerable at all.  Working out helps some of it, but unfortunately until I am somewhat "in-line" I am going to keep getting minor injury type issues.  I am going to be going in twice a week until it is somewhat under control.

After appointment, we are heading to the bigger city for some grocery shopping.  They are predicting an ice/snowstorm type event Friday and possibly Monday again.  Getting a big load of firewood delivered tomorrow so it will at least be cozy if we get snowed in.  Now just need to get a bit more food in the house.  And PLEASE, no power outages!! :P

Well, I am off to get on with my day.  I check in here off and on to see if anyone is posting.  Miss those days of more of us here.  Wonder how they all are and what they are up to?

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »
Hi Girls!
Alice: sorry you have so much on your mind these days.  Hoping things get settled more and that you feel more at peace.

Lindsey: hoping your chiropractor can get you back to feeling your best.  Sometimes it can take time, so maybe your twice a week visits will get you there faster. 

My day was one thing after another.  Went to weight watchers, and then walked and lunched with my friend as usual.  Then, future daughter in law was in town, so she and son stopped by since we hadn't seen them since he proposed.  Got to see her ring (beautiful).  She is so happy and so excited to get married.  They are thinking May/June of 2019, so there is some time to plan and prepare.
I think she and her mom will have everything under control!

By the time they were leaving, hubby got home from work.  We grabbed some tacos from a close by Mexican place, because even though I had a few leftover options, I just wasn't feeling it!  I am spoiled, so tacos it was.

Hope everyone is doing well.  I too would love to hear how all of you are doing! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25