Author Topic: Tuesday, Oct. 15  (Read 2074 times)

Offline luv2bmom

Tuesday, Oct. 15
« on: October 15, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »
Good morning!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Tuesday, Oct. 15
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:28 AM »
It's a very chilly morning in Ohio!  I was so glad I put flannel sheets on our bed yesterday, I woke up all comfy cozy!  Topping it off with a good cup of Gevalia, my favorite brand, coffee!

This afternoon I pick up ddAmanda and Brinly from the Cleveland airport, they have spend a week in Nashville with our oldest daughter and her family!  I've missed them!  I plan on leaving early and doing some shopping on my way there.

I did some sewing yesterday, made the 2 baked potato bags for dh's coworkers.  We have a niece expecting in a few months and I plan on sewing an xlrg flannel receiving blanket for her with matching spit cloths.

I hope you all have a good day, I have some laundry to do, I put a semi-boneless ham in the crockpot for supper and figure out what to do next....take care
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:47:02 AM »
Good Morning

DD goes back today to college. Hopefully the roads aren't bad off to check that route on the laptop.   So after I help her get stuff together I am getting laundry and my kitchen done.  I didn't have a chance to do bookwork besides opening my computer program. I helped dh, and dd move cows around again. I said they just look at us and say what now. We had strong winds in the night and rain that turned to snow. Not really snow here as the rain that was on ground melted it. We go from drought to over abundance of rain with flooding that is more than most people have seen. People were emptying barns and moving stuff to higher ground. We had at least 2.5" more of rain yesterday. We cant catch a break. There are still people without power. Could be another week. In one area they had over 3,000 down poles and barely had 1,000 back up. The ranchers have to pull the utility workers from pole to pole with tractors. I didn't go to church last night because of weather. The girl I go for wasn't going to be there so I was relieved. I need to check at church and sign up for meals. Maybe next week. Oh the lady we prayed for from church with the brain anerysum is fine! She had surgery had it clamped and knows people, swallows, and doing great. God IS so Good!
Have a great day
Janice

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:49:49 AM »
Janice, that is wonderful news about your friend!  I have been praying for your area since the storm, I just feel so bad for everyone and all they have lost....take care!!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 06:54:11 AM »
Pixie those potato bags are a great idea. How nice you can share your talent. You gave me the bug to make a baby blanket for a present.  I bet your shopping trips involves a thrift store? You always find the neatest things!!!  Have a great day

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »
Morning Ladies!

It's a cool, FOGGY morning up here on the mountain.  I sure could have stayed in bed a while longer ;).  Jean is attending a workshop on 'Becoming a Worship Architect' today with a few of our church's members, so I drove him to the carpool meeting spot this morning at 7AM, then came back, cleaned up his breakfast and made my own, and enjoyed a little computer time.

Later this morning I have a hair appointment, and I need to stop by the library while I'm in town as well.  Tomorrow I'm off to NYC, so I need to finish packing this afternoon.  Otherwise it's a pretty calm day around here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Good morning  :)

After a few cloudy, drizzly days the sun is suppose to shine today!!  Love it.  :D

I am trying to adjust to a new schedule and it always takes me a few days to do that.  Sam is working first shift for the next couple of months, training on a new job.  Getting him up, ready and out the door by 6:30am is a major undertaking right now.  He's a night owl and used to coming home from work around 11:30pm and sitting up until the wee hours of the morning and then sleeping in until 8 or so.  This getting up at 5:30am is killing him  ;D 

Let's see...I have a few loads of laundry to wash and get on the line and I have some wood to stack.  Sam and Aaron have been busting wood when they have a few minutes here and there and it seems like I'm always playing catch-up to them.  It kind of reminds me of the sheep shearing story in Farmer Boy;D  I also want to wash my picture windows and the vinyl surrounds (??) on them in preparation of my Dad caulking them for me.  I was going to do it myself but Daddy is really bored right now and wanted some jobs to do.  Daddy is recovering from some carotid artery surgery and can't do anything too strenuous so caulking is right up his alley.  I told him I could find him plenty of things to do, just come on over.  ;)

Supper tonight is salmon rissoles (made with l/o mashed potatoes) and steamed broccoli.

Have a good Tuesday friends!!  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 07:25:17 AM »
Good morning, everyone!

It is a beautiful sunny morning!  It is a bit chilly right now but should go up to 70 which I think is just perfect.

Today is Corey's last day of fall break.  It has been nice having him home!  We have gotten to see him every few weeks since he left for school.  We are lucky he is so close.  Zachary is so far away we can't do that which makes me miss him more.  We are going up to visit him this weekend.  I cannot wait!  I hope the weather is nice so we can do some sightseeing in Pittsburgh.

Madelyn is home sick today.  She had a migraine yesterday which lasted most of the night so couldn't do her homework.  Hopefully she will be better when she gots up.

I don't have much planned for today.  I have done a few loads of laundry and still need to put one in the dryer.  I also need to clean up the kitchen.  Corey asked if I would go with him to Kohl's this morning and said he will take me to lunch after that.  I am not sure what else the day will hold.  Corey is leaving at 6:00 to return to school so we will eat dinner at 5:00 so he can eat before he leaves.

Dinner tonight is eggs, potatoes and peaches.

Have a wonderful day!!

Denise

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 07:48:01 AM »
Good morning everyone!  We had a nice long weekend and got to visit with family and friends.  We hosted Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, so there's lots of leftovers for dinner tonight.  I love no cooking nights :)

Today I want to make apple jelly to use up some apples that are, shall we say, past their prime.  I also need to get to the feed store sometime today, and we have library books that are due back. 

I hope you all have a fabulous day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne