Author Topic: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »
Happy Wednesday!

We're halfway through the week already. The weather should also cooperate with nothing big in the forecast.

Well, the reduced cottage cheese got me.  One container was BAD and the other one was good. I got it at Daily Deals where the sign says that most of their stuff is past the date but is still good. I trusted that but I think I'll re-think buying stuff like cottage cheese there again. It was on 90 cents so it wasn't a big loss. We cooked our last lentils last night for a sausage lentil soup. It was very good. Hubby was looking for chicken in the freezer this morning and could only find chicken breast and he panicked. "Where is the other chicken"? Sorry, there is none and we can't shop for anything either right now. He must think the freezer is never ending and will have everything he is looking for. I just told him that for now we eat whatever the surprises in the freezer gives us. I do know everything in there is good food but it might require some creativity in making a balanced meal from! I'm up to the challenge. I got a big loaf of french bread made last night and boiled eggs for egg salad sandwich to go with my leftover soup today. It is very good.

We have a torch lamp with a long skinny bulb that went out last night. But with a new bulb it still doesn't work. I had the bulb in a box so maybe that bulb also doesn't work. Then the light bulb in the shower died so I had to replace that too. Maybe January is the month of light bulbs.

We were going to look at new carpet but we've put that on hold for a while. MIL suggested we just wait and if the carpet needs a cleaning to just spend the $150 instead of new which could costs a lot more money. We have a rug on the carpet but it moves around a lot and we are constantly pulling it back in place. It's a 5 ft by 8 ft rug and it doesn't have the rubber backing so it slides all the time.I've tried the double sided tape and the rubbery liner thingy and it still moves. For now, we'll just keep pulling it back into place. Oh, we did have a coffee table on it that held it in place pretty well, but youngest daughter took it for her apartment. We'll get it back in May.

Alice

I
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

Re: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 12:01:43 PM »
Alice , we have our own steam cleaners (needed frequently at home and have a separate one for the business for when renters move out....REALLY needed in that case!) and it didn't cost much more than the $150 to have them clean professionally once.  In fact, just had to use it last night when a little decided to open a yogurt and eat it buy hand on the couch. :o  Yeah, and they also have an attachment to steam furniture too!  Attachment good for pet cleanup as well?  Works like a charm!  Maybe get your own steamer so you can have clean carpets whenever you want throughout your whole house? :)  I just stick a little Ivory dish soap in it (don't like the chemical cleaners) and it cleans right up.  Too us it was worth the expense.  Ok rambling now, just an idea. :)

Lindsay 

Offline Alice

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »
Could you tell me a good brand? I have a little green machine that I use for spot cleaning but I would probably like to look at one that I don't have to crawl on the floor for. More like a vacuum.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 12:42:46 PM »
Ours is a Bissell Pro Heat 2X Premier.  I want to say it was a little over $200, possibly $250, at Lowes, I think.  But you may not need one as large as we have so it could be cheaper.  There will be other brands to choose from too, like maybe Hoover or something.  Whatever brand you get, if you keep it cleaned after each use, it should last many, many uses.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »
Hello Ladies;

Pretty normal day for me so far.  Went to Weight Watchers this morning and then walked, and lunched.  After lunch, I ran to Big Lots and the dollar store.  I wanted to pick up supplies for college son.  We will be visiting him at the end of the month. 
I am gathering together some cleaning supplies like lysol wipes, and various cold & flu otc meds.  Found plenty at good prices, so will have him set up.  Will get him some groceries at the end of the week when I go to get what we need.

I have a bunch of photos that I need to put into a photo album for my Mother In Law.  I think hubs is going to be over on their side of the state tomorrow, so I need to have that ready for him to take. 

Not much else happening here.  Probably will do leftover soup and rotisserie chicken sandwiches for dinner.  Was going to plan something, but no sense in making something when we have plenty of leftovers to use up.  Will probably put the sandwich on the panini machine to give them a good toasting.

Alice: Bissell has a tent sale in town usually the first part of June.  Not sure if you can manage that long before getting something, but I believe the prices are really good at that sale.  Good luck with coming up with a solution that works for you.

Hope you are all having a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 05:55:26 AM »
No hurry for the steam cleaner.  Just wanted to price them out for a long term solution to NOT replace the carpets. I'll keep looking around.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats