Author Topic: Tuesday, January 23, 2018  (Read 859 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:19:20 AM »
It's now after noon already for me here in West Michigan. It was a bit of a wet morning but it has begun to snow. I doubt that it will last since the ground is not really super frozen.

I had a very long day yesterday. Not long in time but long in emotional stress. I left work a bit early to help my mom and dad go to my SIL to help with her. She now goes to an adult daycare facility and a bus picks her up in the morning and brings her home in the afternoon. A nurse is with her in the morning so by brother can get to work. Mom and Dad go there to get her off the bus and sit with her until my brother gets home from work. They need three people since mom and dad can't really get her up the ramp or in and out of her wheelchair anymore. They are frail elderly people also. So I offered to help since there would be no third person. My SIL is a pretty strong built lady and we have to be so careful that she doesn't fall. She's also a young enough woman that she thinks she has to be on the go all the time. That creates a lot of problems because she is blind, she can't walk, we can't even have a conversation because she is so confused. The just won't sit nicely in her chair. She wants to get up and go outside and get on her motorcycle for a drive or put her shoes on so she run some errands and on and on. We were there for less than two hours and it was up and down the whole time. I understand she is still youthful but she is a danger to herself because she doesn't understand her limitations. I'm so sad for them. My brother works all day and then goes home and works keeping her safe for the rest of the night. She doesn't sleep and tries to get up and then he doesn't get any rest. But this is what the Michigan courts have given her. I spent the rest of the night thankful for my parents who go there every day and stay with her until their son gets home. I was so tired after those two hours that I could hardly eat supper and I just wanted to sleep.

Other than that the day is going well today. I have a bowl of no knead bread dough going on the counter since we ran out of bread. I'll cook that tonight and we'll have that porterhouse steak I found in the freezer divided three ways. There is also some pork cubed patties I found and I might get those ready also. I'm not sure how to prepare them as I'm thinking they might be a bit tough. Hubby was going to make some buns either today or tomorrow so I'm not sure if he did it today or not. I did end up making potato salad last night with the last of the potatoes. They were looking like they needed to be used. We'll have that tonight as well. The pantry/freezer challenge is still working well.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

Re: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
Alice, always so sad to hear about your SIL.  Bad situation, but you are a good family to help your brother out as much as you do.