Author Topic: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018  (Read 1015 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:01:58 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!!

8) 8) :-* 8) :-* 8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:26:12 AM »
Looks like we were all busy yesterday!

Today is a mainly at home day for me.  I do need to run to Aldi real quick to grab a couple of things.

We are going to visit our son this weekend.  So, I usually make a mess of burritos to take to him.  His roommates love it when he gets a new supply! But, he does charge $1 per burrito.  Makes me laugh, but his roommates don't hesitate to throw a couple bucks his way for a tasty treat!  ;D  I actually think he throws those dollars into a jar and saves them for he and his gf to do fun little trips or getaways.  They save all their change, and then come up with fun excursions.  It's fun for them.

So, I have the beans going, and a crockpot of carne asada as well.  We will have Mexican for dinner, and then all the leftovers will be rolled into burritos to go.  I have to get tortillas, cheese, for the burritos, as well as some tortilla chips and milk for us. 

Yesterday was busy for me. Weight Watchers, walking and lunch.  I stopped into Walgreens to get some black elderberry chews.  I've heard that it helps the immune system fight off getting sick.  With this flu and all the other germs out there, I figured it couldn't really hurt.  It was buy one get one half off.  Still about $20, but worth it if it protects us from the sickies.  Everyone I have heard that have gotten sick this season have been miserable.

Last night we went to the winter banquet for our minor league baseball team.  It was fun.  A whole different format than we have been used to, so it was really different.  Usually there are about 8-10 of the Major league players that attend, and this year I think there were only two.  So that was kind of a bummer.  We didn't stay for the whole event.  We saw a lot people we knew, so that was fun. 

We just found out yesterday that our son has a game tomorrow in Kokomo IN.  Hubs is so excited, so instead of going to South Bend Saturday morning, we are going to Kokomo tomorrow and then staying in South Bend tomorrow night.  Then we will be there Saturday for the banquet.  We will be able to spend the whole day with our son (if he is not working), other wise, we will just have some time to relax before, and maybe check some things out in SB.

We are headed north for Sunday to Monday.  A concert, and hopefully some snowshoeing if there is snow.  We will have to wait and see after the warm up that is expected in the next couple of days. 

Have a great day everybody, and enjoy the weekend!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:45:40 AM »
Hi everyone!

I took half a day off yesterday to use up a few vacation hours. It's sad that I haven't had a vacation since 2010 but if I include moving homes in 2013 then that's the last time. I take days here and there but never a vacation. When hubby works he doesn't have enough time with the employer to have vacation time and since he jumps jobs too much we'll never have vacations. When he's not working we're scrambling to pay bills so vacations are out of the question. So I suffer with never being able to take a vacation unless I take one alone.  But I'm still accumulating vacation time and after I accumulate so many I begin to no longer accumulate, it stops at a certain point.

So yesterday, I took the afternoon off to bake two loaves of bread, cooked some butternut squash, make hamburg buns for some pork cutlets. I made a bunch of bagel egg/sausage sandwiches for the freezer. Still working on the freezer.  I know we're not supposed to buy anything but hubby goes out and finds deals that are hard to pass up so he buys them. Here's an example. Daily Deals is a discount store nearby. They had Jimmy Dean rolls of sausage for $1.49 but it was BOGO free. 75 cents for a roll is something we can't pass up. There were a few other good deals that he found at Horrock's like a discounted Chef's Pork roast for just over $2 for a big roast. Fresh green beans were discounted. So there is a little buying going on. Milk and eggs are acceptable purchases since we need those things. Other than that we had some good stuff from the freezer in our meal planning.

The weekend is supposed to be nice outside so we'll see if a walk might happen on Saturday. I don't have much on my weekend to-do list yet. I will probably think of things.

That's my short boring day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats