Author Topic: Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018  (Read 1078 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »
Hello Ladies!

Where have we all been???
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »
Thought I would get this started so it would be ready in the morning.

Wednesday for me consists of:  Weight Watchers meeting,  walking,  lunch and then home for a bit.  After that, we are going to the reception venue with my son and his fiancee and her parents to a tasting event.  They are getting married in her hometown near Detroit, so it is about 2 hours away.  It will be a late night, but we are looking forward to going.

Had a nice but super busy weekend.  I am totally off on my days, because we were up north Sunday night, so came home on Monday.  So, Monday felt like Sunday.  I am all confused!

Hubs has to go out of town Thursday, and will be home on Sunday.  I could go with, but I could really use a few days by myself.  It will be good for both of us.

Hope all of you have a great day.  Fill us in on what you have been doing!

Lindsay: how is your husband progressing?  Keeping him in prayer!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »
Happy last day of the month!

I have been so tired lately. There is so much going on that I don't sleep at night but I am getting so tired of being awake day and night that I finally have been sleeping at night as my body just can't do anything anymore.

Hubby messing around with jobs is driving me nuts not to mention the hit on the budget, my sick SIL is getting worse, woman monthly issues (I'm too old to be having this monthly stuff), a few things at work and just plain being winter and cold.

My "no spend" month of January turned into a "spend" month after all. We just ran into too many deals of things we think we needed that we just went ahead and got them. For example, ground beef (85/15) for $1.88 per lb., a lb. roll of Jimmy Dean sausage for 0.75 per roll, smoked sausage for $1.19 for an 8 pack, chicken for 0.49 per lb. I would have been a fool to not buy it so we did. Since most of this wasn't eaten in January I've deducted it out of the monthly food costs. I would say we did well at about $245 for the month. That's just over $61 per week for fresh stuff and a few things that are in the pantry. We'll try for another "low spend to no spend" for the month of February.

We've had some good soups this week and last night was BBQ chicken with some of that cheap chicken. It was so good. We also had a salad with that which was wonderful since we had been out of lettuce for almost 2 weeks. We found some apples on the discount rack that were called "deer apples". But there were tags on the apples like "honeycrisp" and a few other tags. I decided to buy them for our consumption and not for deer. I sorted through them all and only found 4 that smelled bad but all the others were very good aside from a bruise here and there. I made a bunch of applesauce with them as well as sauteed apples in butter and cinnamon for a side dish like some restaurants serve. I froze most of the applesauce but it was really good. We also got a lot of milk discounted that we also froze. We won't have to buy those things for a while.

That's it for me today! I'm so happy we're one month closer to spring!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats