Author Topic: Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018  (Read 1155 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018
« on: February 08, 2018, 12:47:35 PM »
Good Day Friends!

:D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »
Here it is, late afternoon, and I'm just popping on.
Actually had not even opened my laptop until now.

I ran to do my grocery shopping.  Had to hit Aldi, Sam's and Meijer.  Spent more than I would have liked, but got lots of good deals, and we should be good for quite a while now.

I really need to do better at using what we have.  With my husband giving up meat for lent, I am trying to figure out how to meal plan for those 6 weeks.  I am not giving up meat myself, but I won't be eating meat when I am preparing dinners.  So I really will only be eating meat if we are eating out, or for breakfast or lunch.  I tend to lean more towards a vegetarian with what I chose to eat, and what I like anyway, so that isn't that big a deal for me.  Not sure how he's going to manage, but we will see.  He really likes fish, but I'm not very confident in preparing it, so that isn't going to happen 4 times a week like I think he thinks it's going to!!   ;)

For Lent I am actually doing a book/bible study on-line.  A friend of ours is a Christian author, and she is leading a study using one of her books.  It is one that I feel like I could learn from, so that is what I'm doing.  Here is the info if you have any interest, or are just curious.
http://www.karenehman.com/2018/01/join-lent-together-2018/

We are expecting quite a bit of snow tonight into tomorrow.  I thought the stores would be busier, but I think I just beat the rush.  Wouldn't mind just burrowing down for the entire weekend, but we do have plans to go to a concert Saturday night, so we will have to unhibernate for that at least.

I was really wandery (is that a word????) today.  Not so much in Aldi since there really isn't anywhere to wander, but in Sam's club and Meijer.   I ended up finding things that we didn't NEED, but will use, so I guess that's okay.  I found some ice cream that I probably would have bought at full price.  A limited edition flavor of Scotcharoo.  One of my boys' favorite treats.  It was on clearance for .89 for a half gallon or whatever they package it in now. Too bad they only had one carton of it.  At that price, I would have cleaned them out!  Turns out I did clean them out since they only had one!!   ;D
Found some bagged cheeses at Meijer that were on clearance as well.  They were all lower fat versions, which is what I always buy, but that makes me concerned that they aren't going to have them anymore.  I grabbed a few, and threw them in the freezer.  Should be set for a bit.  And since I'm guessing we will be having Macaroni & Cheese a couple times during Lent, I will be ready. 
Also, at Sam's I needed to pick up Estroven for myself, and it had an instant savings of $5 off.  I bought 2 since I know I will be needing them eventually.  But of course, that upped my total.  Regardless, it is the cheapest there that I have found.  So the extra savings was nice!

Not much else happening here.  Need to finish putting away groceries. 

Alice, I hope that everyone gets safely to and from all of the funeral activities tomorrow and Saturday.  Be safe.  Will be thinking of you.

Lindsay, how is your husband doing?  Was he able to get released from the hospital?  Will keep you and he in prayer as well.

Have a great evening all!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

Like Pam said, we are having a major storm moving in tonight and I'm not liking it. I have to take my youngest daughter to a dr. appt. at 8:15 tomorrow. I'm taking the day off and I want to get a few groceries in the morning and by 4 pm, go to funeral visitation. 

We're going out for dinner with my parents tonight, kind of unexpectedly, not sure why because we don't ever do this.  Kind of a family meeting, I'm thinking.

Lindsay, I'm curious too about how your hubby is doing. Not trying to push and update but hoping he is doing much better.

Pam, thank you for your kind words.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »
Hey girls.

I gave an update in the other thread.

Lindsay