Author Topic: Monday, Feb. 12, 2018  (Read 956 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Feb. 12, 2018
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:44:07 AM »
Good Morning Friends!

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Feb. 12, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:08:54 AM »
Hello any and all!

Here we are, almost half way through February! Wow, how did that happen??? 

I am leaving Thursday for NC for son's start of his Senior baseball season.  Can't believe the last one is in his last semester of college.  Time just keeps on flying. (half way through Feb.!)  My HS bestie is planning on coming with me.  Her Aunt is fighting cancer, and things are a little precarious right now, so if something happens with her, she will be having to stay home to help with arrangements.  I am hoping she can come, but I totally understand if she needs to bail.  I will be fine on my own, it just won't be nearly as fun.  I don't make myself laugh as much as she makes me laugh!   ;D

In the meantime, tomorrow night we are going to see Beautiful: The Carole King Story -Broadway show, and then Wed. night we are headed about an hour away to "On Your Feet"  -Broadway show.  Thursday 5 a.m. I am on the road.
I have tons to do, and need to get to it.  Need to figure out what I am taking, need to do laundry, and need to pick up the house so it is not a disaster when I leave.  Thursday is 3 days away, but with everything else going on, I need to stay on top of it, or I will be a mess. 

Hubs is on and off the road for the couple of weeks.  He will be home until I leave, but then even though I am getting home on Tuesday night, I won't see him until Friday.  I will be meeting up with him to pick him up to go to Indiana for more baseball.  It is going to be a whirlwind. 

We had a nice weekend.  Pretty quiet.  Other than the concert we went to Saturday night.  We had fun.  We were going with a couple of friends from up north.  They were in town for the golf show..  But, one of them starting having back spasms, and needed to go to the med center to get checked out and get a prescription.  So, we took her there, and then to Walgreens.  Had to push back our dinner reservation, and missed the opening act (no big deal), and got to the concert by the 3rd song in.  She still came along even though she was in massive pain.  It was a bummer for her, but she tried to have fun.   Heard from her last night, and she was able to get some rest and is doing better now.  Hopefully she is past the worst of it.  In all it was a fun night, just full of concern for her.

Hubby ended up having to work most of the day yesterday.  That was unexpected, but unavoidable.  He had to be up at 4 a.m. to start today.  :o 
He will be home for dinner.  We are having chicken fajitas.  I need to get the beans going in the crockpot.  I have colored peppers that need to be used up, so that is where the fajita idea came from.  Will be quick and easy.  Better grab a chicken breast out of the freezer as well.

Hope all of you had a nice weekend.  The sun is shining here, so I am thankful for that!
Would love to hear what you are up to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Monday, Feb. 12, 2018
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 06:23:40 AM »
Goodness, Pam! Sounds like you all have been busy and will continue to be! Have fun watching your son play baseball.