Author Topic: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:10:12 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day!

We don't really celebrate the day although when the kids were little we did little things for the day to make it exciting. I told my hubby not to buy anything since we really are on a very tight budget and we can't afford frivolous stuff right now. The money is better used elsewhere this year anyway.

I'll make tacos tonight and maybe make a little chocolate cake in a mug for everyone. I think that would be a nice inexpensive little Valentine's day treat, right? I also have to make a "get ahead" meal for the weekend since I need to be one meal ahead so our son can take enough meals along when he goes to work at his weekend job. He needs 6 meals for the weekend while working and he makes his own oatmeal for breakfast. We are getting into the routine of how this works and I often just freeze a meal during the week that he can just pull out of the freezer when he leaves for his weekend away.

The weather is supposed to jump into the 40s by next week and I'm so excited for that to happen. It even looks like the sun is trying to shine this morning and that is so nice to see. They say we might lose all of our snow next week. 

Nothing more exciting for me!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:32:17 AM »
Good Afternoon Alice and all who follow.

I am on the not so much a fan of Valentine's day I guess.  I always try to do some special things for hubs, but nothing extravagant. I just don't see the point I guess.  I feel like we do special things for each other throughout the year, so it's kind of just another day.

I went to Papa Murphy's and got a heart shaped pizza for dinner.  Got one with all veggies since Lent starts today, and like I have said before, hubby is giving up meat for the 40 days.  Picked up a new golf shirt for him and a special craft beer.  We are going to see "On Your Feet" the Broadway show tonight, so that is our Valentine's date.  Saw Beautiful - The Carole King Story.  It was really good.  Such great music.

So, yesterday, my day was topsy turvy.   Like I had probably mentioned before, my friend's Aunt is struggling with her cancer battle.  Well, my friend called yesterday morning to tell me, that they were bringing her Aunt home from the hospital and Hospice was there. She felt she couldn't leave town right now, and I totally understood.  So, that meant that I would be traveling alone. Not that big of a deal, just not as fun.  I changed the hotel reservation to get a cheaper room with one bed instead of two.  About 4 hours later, I got an email from my son's coach saying that rain is expected all weekend in NC, so they were cancelling their trip.   :(  Back to the hotel site to cancel my room, and contacting my son in VA to let him know that I would not be coming to visit them over the weekend after all.    :(  So, in a span of 4 hours, I went from a girl's trip to NC/VA, to a solo trip, to no trip at all.  I'm really bummed, but it is ok.
Hubby and I are going to go to Florida for that part of Spring training, and to Southern Indiana for a weekend set of games there as well.  I will just put the money aside that I was going to use in NC/VA for the Florida trip. 

At least the sun is shining here. (That's what we say in the winter in Michigan whenever we can, because the snow lasts almost forever!  It's something we can latch on to in these long months!!  :D ;D)

I am doing laundry for hubs, because he actually leaves tomorrow for a couple of days.  Home either Saturday night or Sunday morning. Then off again Monday through Friday.  I will meet up with him Friday to head to the Southern Indiana games.  Always something going on.

Hope all of you are having a nice day!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:20 PM »
Oh Boo, Pam!!  So sorry your trip didn't work out. :P  Sounds like you have a nice night planned tonight though.  Enjoy! :)

Alice, my son just said today that he thinks the groundhog was wrong because tomorrow is supposed to be 70 degrees here!  Maybe spring will show up sooner than we think.

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:43 PM »
But I still think the groundhog is NEVER wrong.  I don't even believe in a groundhog forecasting the weather! We always get 6 more weeks of winter here in Michigan. It would be foolish to think it will end sooner than the end of March!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats