Author Topic: Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018  (Read 1077 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:04:10 AM »
Hi Girls!

Hope all are doing well.  We had a nice evening last night.  The show was AMAZING!  I didn't know what to expect, but wow.  It was the life story of Gloria & Emilio Estefan.  I knew the music would be great, but the story and the energy was something.  We got home around 11:30, so not too bad since it was an hour drive home.  It seemed like it went fast.  We got hubs all packed up last night for the next couple of days before going to bed so he wouldn't have to do that this morning.  He had to leave by 6.  We were in bed by midnight, so not too bad I guess.  Totally would not be enough sleep for me, but he runs on about 4-5 hours most nights, so pretty normal for him.

So, I mentioned yesterday that we are going to FL for baseball.  Well, for Valentine's day (and because my NC trip was canceled), hubby surprised me with 3 days at DisneyWorld as part of our trip! We are going to stay on for a few extra days and do Disney.  I was shocked to say the least!  I never thought he could get the extra time off of work.  He said he was trying to figure out how to do it, and once the $ from my NC trip was freed up, he booked it.  I am excited to go!  I guess this year we celebrated Valentine's Day bigger than ever! LOL!

So, today I am doing whatever the heck I want!  Nobody but me around.  Will do the usual day to day stuff, and maybe deep clean the kitchen since it could use some attention.  Might watch a couple of movies or read a book, or find something else to do and work on.  Will see.  Was going to make some corn chowder earlier this week, and never did, so I think I will make that today, and eat on it while hubs is gone. 
Not going anywhere, no need.  Just an at home day!  We are having quite a warm up, so lots of melting and fog.  Hope this is the beginning of Spring. (doubtful, but one can hope!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

Re: Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
Good morning!

I have been busy working in my kitchen all morning.  I put some pintos in the crockpot, baked some cornbread, and cooked 2 packages of smoked sausages.  I am determined to get my freezers emptied so I can defrost them and restock on some things.  Funny thing is, every time I think there's nothing left we can make a nice meal of, I dig around and find something! 

Aside from my kitchen puttering, it's just business as usual around here.  Emily is working on her history lesson, my husband's working, and the cats are asleep for the moment.  Of course they stay awake most of the night. ::)  I tamed the laundry mountain yesterday and cleaned a little in my laundry room.  I am itching to start my spring cleaning!  It's been raining for days with no end in sight, so there's really no use to clean yet.

Well, I need to get busy doing something.  Talk to you all later! 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn