Author Topic: Monday, February 26, 2018  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, February 26, 2018
« on: February 26, 2018, 07:08:52 AM »
Happy Monday,

It's the last Monday of February and it looks to be a sunny day today!

We had quite the weekend. It was windy, bitter cold and rather unpleasant but this week will be warmer with some sunshine. It was also a rocky weekend on the home front. I won't go into details but hubby isn't content and a few issues with my dad made for what I call an evil weekend. I ended up with a bad headache Sunday afternoon. I crawled up on the couch with a time of prayer and eventually taking a short nap. Right now I have to keep everything together by being calm and rational but it will be difficult. My health really is what this all is affecting. Just a difficult time in our life and hopefully it will pass.

On a different note, we had some good food and some not so good food this weekend. We were guests out for dinner one night and we bought some take out for $4 for two full dinners which we just couldn't pass up. I also cooked a fair amount using stuff from the freezer but we also bought a few really good sale items that we used. I had a few wonton wrappers in the freezer and made some pork dumplings out of those and they were a big hit. I also made the sweet chili grilled steak rice bowls yesterday and that was so good. I did a big pot of refried beans and I froze some of that but will use some of that tonight. We also bought more chicken thighs on sale and frozen most of that. I'm going to cook some of that in the IP and get the chicken ready for a casserole and tacos this week. The not so good food was the food we got as guests at a restaurant. It was a little restaurant that really doesn't have very good food but we couldn't say no when we were asked to go out.

I'm hoping this week will be calmer. We are getting closer to spring and that always helps to have nicer weather.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, February 26, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:52:39 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any others who stop by.  (Let us know who and how you are!)

Alice: sorry to hear of the upheaval in your world.  Hopefully things will settle down, and be better.  I will pray that there is peace for you.

Our weekend was actually pretty low key.  Hubs is home.  He is usually on his computer 24/7, but he needed and actually took a break all day Saturday.  We didn't really do anything, just kind of hung out, but it was unusual and really nice.  Yesterday he was back at it, but still took a break long enough to watch a basketball game with me, and then again to watch the season finale of Victoria.  Other than that he was head down working. 
I did the laundry, got that all done.  Still have a few things to put away, but will do that this morning.  Also made a big batch of bloody mary mix.  15 pints canned and ready for whatever.  I don't like them, but hubs has one on weekends now and then.  He likes his own mix since most aren't spicy enough for him. 

Today is a research/computer day for me mostly.  Need to plan part of our Disney trip.  I am doing a semi-detailed plan for each of the parks.  It you don't you end up missing out on a lot of things.  Trying to keep it loose enough that we can make decisions as we feel like while there.  It is easier when it's just 2 adults and no kids.  And, we've been there several times, so if we choose not to wait in a long line for something, it won't be too big a deal since we have done most things before. 
Also need to create a couple of invoices for hubby for his radio show sponsors.  That will take a quick minute, so will do that right away and get to him.

Dinner tonight is tacos.  Trying a new recipe for taco "meat" using lentils.  You pulse cooked lentils in the blender with some red beans, and seasonings.  We will see how this turns out.  Trying to be as creative as I can during this no meat Lenten season!  Refried beans, and some Mexican rice will round out the menu.  I should run to Aldi to get some lettuce and tomatoes as well. 

Hope everyone has a great day!  We are looking at upper 40's and sunny today.  Hoping I can get a walk in outside.  That is pretty nice for us in February!
Take care, and let us know what you are up to!
Lindsay: hope you are feeling better and the sickies have left your house!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25