Author Topic: Thursday, March 22, 2018  (Read 1186 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, March 22, 2018
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:22:30 AM »
HI Ladies!!

8) 8) 8) 8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, March 22, 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:45:54 AM »
Back from vacation! 

We had such a great time!  The baseball was good.  And Disney was Disney - a total blast!  The weather was pleasant.  Cold for Florida really, but such an upgrade from Michigan!  In the 70's during the day, but quite cold in the mornings (40's & 50's) and in the evenings (upper 50's).  We wore jeans most of the time.  Such a long drive there and back, but worth every mile. (somewhere near 3000 miles roundtrip!)

We got home Sunday night after stopping in South Bend for a double header.  Monday morning I had to report for jury duty.  :P  I only had to stay in the holding tank until around 10:30 am, and then we were all released.  The way jury service is set up in our county, that means that I am done for the week.  And won't have to serve again for 12 months. 

Trying to get back to some kind of schedule around here.  Getting post vacation laundry under control.  Getting groceries.  Preparing for our visitors this weekend.  Son and daughter in law will be flying in on Saturday.  Hoping the airports in VA aren't affected by the latest storm that has hit the NE.  They will be here from Saturday through Wednesday.  Looking forward to spending time with them!  So, I need to clean the areas we will be using while they are here.  The spare bedroom, upstairs bath, and then of course the living/dining room and kitchen.  Just trying to get a handle on it all.

This morning I needed to go get some lab work done.  Just a blood draw for my yearly physical coming up in a couple weeks.  Went today so I didn't have to worry about it while son & dil are here.  Of course, I passed out, so it took longer than it should have.  :-[ 
I usually have that reaction, but I hadn't really been feeling any anxiety about going, so I thought I would be fine.  Not so much.  They were so kind about it, and took good care of me.  Graham crackers and orange juice included.  So, I survived and am on with my day!

Stopped at the $ store to pick up a few goodies for Easter "baskets". Not doing a big to-do, just small tins with a couple candies and a gift card for each of them.  It adds up fast when doing 6.  Will get the gift cards when I go do my shop for groceries.  Need to make a list for that.

Put in an order for vitamins.  I buy from Puritan's Pride.  They are having a buy 1 get 2 free on their brand items.  What I get from them is their brand, so I did an order for all of the ones we use.  Saved a ton of money, and we should be good for quite some time.  I'm glad
 I won't have to worry about that for a while.  Seems like running out comes up on me fast, and usually when I don't have room in my budget to re-order!

Lindsay: I am so sorry to hear about your Father in Law.  Hope you are finding some level of peace.  It is so hard when it is unexpected. Hope your kids are handling it okay.  It must be so sad for them.  Maybe you could plant a tree or bush in your yard as a reminder of him and to honor him. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.  Seems like there was a lull in activity here.  Hope to hear from more of you today!  Is anyone getting hit by the latest storms?  We are cold here, but sunny and no snow, so I will take it!!  Just anxious for Spring to really arrive!! 

Looking forward to hearing what all of you are up to!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:24:53 AM »
Pam, I do the same thing when having blood drawn.  If you tell them that you may pass out, they can usually move you to a place where they can draw it while you are lying down.  They will accommodate since they don't want you hitting the floor.  Since I started having it done that way, I haven't passed out.  And I have had LOTS of it done over the years!  Just make sure you don't sit upright until you feel OK.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »
I usually ask to lay down too.  For some stupid reason today, I thought "I'm good, I can do this". .....  Lesson learned!

Will continue to ask to lay down.  I think some of it was because it was a very busy lab, and they were all moving at lightening speed getting people in and out, and my gal was very talkative, so I just kind of went with it.  I need to remember to slow things down if that's what I need. 

How is everyone at your house? 
p
Wife of 32 years