Author Topic: Tuesday, April 3  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, April 3
« on: April 03, 2018, 05:55:10 AM »
Good morning.  Anyone out there today?

We have cloudy skies this morning with strong storms on the way.  I like rain, but I can do without tornadoes and straight line winds.  Our house is surrounded on all four sides by huge, old oak and pecan trees and I worry about them being blown over.

We have been doing a lot of sprucing up around our house so far this spring, but we have a lot left to do.  We moved our dog pen to our former chicken coop.  Now they have the whole inside of that building to themselves plus a small yard.  The next big project we are working on is a way for my cats that stay inside to have a place they can go outside but still be protected.  Have you ever seen one of those catios?  Sort of a patio/outside play area for inside cats?  Well, that's our plan.  Get these cats outside for a few hours a day to give us both a break.

We are on a mission to downsize and simplify, so we are selling the travel trailer.  Right now it's just taking up space.  My husband works construction so we have a lot of things lying around we want to be rid of like extra concrete blocks, exterior doors, windows, etc.  What we don't have an immediate need for is leaving.  I am ready to simplify everything.

I hope somebody checks in and shares what is going on in your world.  I miss the days when we would have long threads about things. Please at least say hi so I am not talking to myself! :)

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, April 3
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:15:28 AM »
Hi Cheryl,
Hope the weather passes you by okay.

Our world has been crazy busy around here.  I am ready to just have some kind of normalcy again.

We had our trip to Florida the 7th-18th. 
Jury duty for one day on the 19th for me. 
Prepping for son & dil's visit.
Their visit the 24th -28th with a trip to South Bend for our youngest son's baseball games, and some family time. Took them to visit both sets of grandparents one day. (about 500 miles roundtrip for all of that).
Sent them back to VA.

I had one day to recoup, and then off to SB and then Chicago for baseball games.  We spent Easter Sunday in SB. Took son and one of his roommates out to dinner.
Yesterday I had my yearly doctor's appt., and then back to SB for a dh that had been moved from today because of impending weather.

It has just been kind of whirlwind around here!  Today I am trying to regroup!  Laundry is started.  Chicken fajita soup in the crockpot for dinner. 

Was hoping to stay home all day, but we have no milk, and need a few other groceries, so maybe I will have to go pick those things up later.  Might just have hubs pick up the milk on his way home, and I can do the rest tomorrow after weight watchers. 

We were suppose to get a nasty storm with snow and ice, but it hasn't seemed to materialize from what I can tell.  At least we didn't get the snow.  I am so ready for Spring, so snow doesn't even sound cute at this point!  I want to be able to get out and walk and maybe take a nice bike ride soon.

My to do list for today is:
laundry (on-going process!)
dishwasher unload & reload
meal plan for the week
create a grocery list
color my hair
finish up our taxes.  (usually have this done by now, but haven't had much time to sit and focus!)
Update an events list for hubs work. 

Hope everyone is doing well.
Good luck with your catio project Cheryl! 

Would love to hear from some of you!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »
Pam - all I can say is WOW!  You have been one extremely busy lady.  Makes my head spin just reading about it. ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
Hi girls. :)

Wow Pam!  You really have been busy!  Good to hear from you again! :)

We are really just doing mostly the same thing everyday.  School taking up most of the days.  We are also supposed to get some bad weather today. According to the kids, really severe weather (I haven't seen the weather report).   It is really warm out right now, like up in the 70's and that can't be good, because tomorrow it is supposed to be cold again (so the kids tell me).  At least we have a basement.  Let's see....my plan for the rest of the day is to finish the school day up.  Finish at least 6 loads of laundry and get that put up (now back to having both washers up and running and need to start getting rid of the pile that accumulated). Supper will be chicken tenderloins and sautéed asparagus and peppers and some type of carb added in for the kids. Tonight hubby will be working on a bathroom remodel here in the house.

Hubby and the older boys have been super busy with the rental business on Saturdays getting new rentals up and running.  Which has left me home on Saturdays with the littles until they get home, and then we have made Saturday nights, grocery shopping nights.

I guess there has been one kinda different thing that I have been up to.
I made up my mind back in October that I was going to try to "transform" myself into a more fit and muscular self by doing a kind of routine I have never done before. I also completely switched mine and hubby's diet, which is the biggest part of the equation.  A healthier me was the foremost goal, but that happen simultaneously.   I have now stuck to a 6 day a week routine for over 6 months.  It has worked more that I ever thought. And...I look forward to doing it everyday.   I have gone from a size 8 to a 4 and lost right at 20 pounds.  The big difference is that I have never been really "muscular" before, just strong.  I am really enjoying seeing the changes.  Helps a little that hubby keeps asking me to flex my biceps or stomach muscles and then says, "That is too cool!" HA! :D  Anyway, the older kids have gotten into the habit of regular exercise too , because they want to workout when I do.  So I now have a house full of big, strong boys too! Learning to eat healthy and be active everyday is something I want them to carry with them throughout life.  I guess leading by example is the best way to do that! ;)

Nothing exciting here.  Just say a prayer we don't blow away.  Cheryl I will be thinking of you today because it sounds like you are expecting some of the same.  Bet you are glad for that storm shelter!

Stop by and chat with us.....anyone who stops by to read.

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »
Good for you Lindsay!  So exciting so see such great results when you are working hard at working out!

And, you are right, it's best to lead by example!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25