Author Topic: Thursday, April 5  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, April 5
« on: April 05, 2018, 06:31:11 AM »
Good morning!  It is Thursday, right?  This week has sort of flown by.

I am sitting here enjoying the last of my coffee before getting Emily up to start her school work.  We had a rough time with math yesterday so I am relishing this quiet time and trying to come up with a better plan for today's lesson. 

In between helping Emily with her work and doing my usual housework, I will continue going through and organizing the room we use to store our homeschool items, pantry overflow, and other 'stuff' that needs a new place to go.  I will try to list a few more items to sell and hopefully finish up in there today.

The weather has turned cool again and we have a fire going In the heater.  I can't wait until it warms up.  I'm ready for spring.  Besides, we are almost out of firewood. ;)

I think I will fix hamburgers tonight and maybe cut some potatoes to make oven fries.  That's about it for me.  Talk to you all later!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, April 5
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »
Good Morning Cheryl.  Enjoy those few minutes of peace and quiet.  Hopefully the math lesson goes more smoothly today.

My day is super low key.  I need to work on our taxes. Something that I really have not had time to deal with, but with the deadline fast approaching, I must put my head down and get it done. 

I have pinto beans cooking in the crockpot for refried beans.  Will use up the roast to make some carnitas for tacos.  Will make rice and corn for sides, so a pretty easy dinner.  Will use up the leftovers to make burritos for college son.  Will take those to him Saturday when we go to his games. 
Sunday we are going to my parents' to celebrate Easter.  Doing it a week late since we were spread all over the place last week.  Middle son and his fiancee are coming with us. 

Hope everyone is doing fine. Would love to hear what you are all up to, and how you are fairing in this non Springlike Spring!
We are still plugging through, but aching for it to warm up!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »
Hey girls. 

My day is getting away from me.  We are finishing school (lunch break now).  Had refrigerator repairman here this morning.  Need to figure out supper.  Need to get in an early workout so we can get over to Aldi at least an hour before closing time, then need to run to Schnucks for a few other items.  If hubby has to work too late, he may have to go after work and get the list himself.  We'll see how it goes. 

Cheryl, what math is Emily having issues with?  I have one that is not liking long division right now and an older one that is learning how property taxes are figured and about selling prices and markups.

Pam are you still dealing with ice up there.  Ha! My question mark key just quit working.  (Just so ya know my punctuation skills aren't failing me). ;)

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:05:05 PM »
No ice here Lindsay.  Just cold cold cold.

We got snow, even last night it was still snowing.   :P  It is mostly gone now, but it is still so cold.  It should just be warmer than this by now. 

I had a key that quit on me on an old laptop once.  I think it was a t.  I had to find one in someone else's content and copy and paste it every time I needed it.  I found that I would try to find words that didn't contain that letter!   ;D  Glad I don't have to do that anymore!!  LOL!  Hope your question mark kicks back on for you.  And if not, here you go ...  ?   ?  ?  ?  ?  just in case you need to borrow some!  ;) :D ;D :D ;)

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »
Lindsay, the math that's giving Emily fits is geometry.  Math is not her favorite subject.  We're both ready to take a break.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn