Author Topic: Wednesday, April 4  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, April 4
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:16:23 AM »
Good morning!

Well, the storms passed through last night and it's chilly out today.  Not only chilly but windy too.Thankfully it didn't get as bad as it was forecast and I don't believe we had any damage.  We did end up spending about an hour in the storm shelter.

I was supposed to take Emily to Homeschool Hangout at the library, but since we were all up late last night I believe we will skip it.  I think I will go get my hair cut and pick up a few groceries instead.  After that I want to get back here and get some more organizing done.  I've gone through a lot of things and have some I want to list for sale.

Nothing too exciting around here, just the usual.  I think I will fix hamburgers for supper or maybe a pot of soup since it's cool and damp out.  Hope to hear from you today.  Please check in!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, April 4
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 11:08:48 AM »
Hi Cheryl!  Glad the storm wasn't as bad as expected in your area.  It must be such a relief to have that storm shelter to head into if necessary.

We got the snow and ice that was forecast for us.  The roads weren't too bad when I headed to my weight watchers meeting.  Had to drive slow and carefully, but nothing too treacherous.  It is windy and cold here today.  Real feel of about 17*.  Not what we expect in April.  Not even here in Michigan! 

Went to my ww meeting, and then my friend and I got a walk in.  About 3 miles.  We grabbed lunch, and then I headed to the grocery store.  I just needed to pick up a couple of things that were on sale.  I still need to get to Aldi, but I just wanted to come home by then.  We will see how long we can go before I absolutely have to go.  Hubby picked up milk and bananas without me even asking him yesterday, so that gives me a little leeway for going right away.

Nothing much else happening here.  There are a few things that need to be attended to.  Things that need to be put away, that kind of thing.  I have a few clothes that were hanging to dry that need to be taken care of.

Dinner tonight is a roast, potatoes and carrots.  Meat! Yay, meat!   ;D  Since we gave up meat for lent, it is almost feeling like a luxury!! 

Keep up that organizing Cheryl!  I am hoping some of that ambition rubs off on me!!

Would love to hear what others are up to today!  Did any of you get bad storms this go round??

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

Re: Wednesday, April 4
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 11:45:41 AM »
Good afternoon Cheryl and Pam. :)

We didn't get the really bad weather last night either, but there were tornados to the north of us.  The wind picked up here too last night and we were up really late making sure the woodburner kept going (more difficult with high winds and it was cold outside last night). 

A couple of the kids decided to start cleaning out the last area of storage upstairs.  We did the other areas last year or the year before.  Last night's finds included a brand new Learn to Read in 100 Lessons book and lots of level 2 reading books like Frog and Toad and Amelia Bediellia.  Also some new unused handwriting books and a geography book.  Not sure how that stuff got into storage, but super glad they found that Learn to Read in 100 Lessons, because I was about to buy a new one and they are at least $15.  Wonder what else they will find up there tonight?/ ???

Today is just a regular school day.  After that, start supper, which I really don't know what it will be yet.  Something with grass fed beef.  After that, workout time.  Today is one of my 2 major cardio days,  also with an intense core routine.  Really wanted to get the cardio over with before everyone got up this morning, but I was up too late myself. 

I am so ready for spring as well!! :)  While it is still rainy, cold, and yucky, we are trying to get all of our inside work done on our  house.  Once it starts warming up, it will be back out working the horses in the evenings.  Hubby wants to set a lighting system up out there for us so we can exercise them after dark in the cooler air.  This year we will be competing with them.  Hope to have some of the kids confident enough to enter some exhibition classes this summer in local horse shows and I have already found some rodeos that I would like to run.  We'll see how it goes. 

Back to my day now.  Maybe others will stop by and see us.

Lindsay