The Hearth > Managing a Household

Tuesday, Oct. 15

(1/2) > >>

luv2bmom:
Good morning!

luv2bmom:
It's a very chilly morning in Ohio!  I was so glad I put flannel sheets on our bed yesterday, I woke up all comfy cozy!  Topping it off with a good cup of Gevalia, my favorite brand, coffee!

This afternoon I pick up ddAmanda and Brinly from the Cleveland airport, they have spend a week in Nashville with our oldest daughter and her family!  I've missed them!  I plan on leaving early and doing some shopping on my way there.

I did some sewing yesterday, made the 2 baked potato bags for dh's coworkers.  We have a niece expecting in a few months and I plan on sewing an xlrg flannel receiving blanket for her with matching spit cloths.

I hope you all have a good day, I have some laundry to do, I put a semi-boneless ham in the crockpot for supper and figure out what to do next....take care

wrancher:
Good Morning

DD goes back today to college. Hopefully the roads aren't bad off to check that route on the laptop.   So after I help her get stuff together I am getting laundry and my kitchen done.  I didn't have a chance to do bookwork besides opening my computer program. I helped dh, and dd move cows around again. I said they just look at us and say what now. We had strong winds in the night and rain that turned to snow. Not really snow here as the rain that was on ground melted it. We go from drought to over abundance of rain with flooding that is more than most people have seen. People were emptying barns and moving stuff to higher ground. We had at least 2.5" more of rain yesterday. We cant catch a break. There are still people without power. Could be another week. In one area they had over 3,000 down poles and barely had 1,000 back up. The ranchers have to pull the utility workers from pole to pole with tractors. I didn't go to church last night because of weather. The girl I go for wasn't going to be there so I was relieved. I need to check at church and sign up for meals. Maybe next week. Oh the lady we prayed for from church with the brain anerysum is fine! She had surgery had it clamped and knows people, swallows, and doing great. God IS so Good!
Have a great day
Janice

luv2bmom:
Janice, that is wonderful news about your friend!  I have been praying for your area since the storm, I just feel so bad for everyone and all they have lost....take care!!!

wrancher:
Pixie those potato bags are a great idea. How nice you can share your talent. You gave me the bug to make a baby blanket for a present.  I bet your shopping trips involves a thrift store? You always find the neatest things!!!  Have a great day

Janice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version