Author Topic: Monday, April 9, 2018  (Read 1607 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, April 9, 2018
« on: April 09, 2018, 06:50:26 AM »
Good Morning Friends!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Monday, April 9, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:26 AM »
Good morning, Pam!

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:18:51 AM »
Good Morning all!

Really found the fitness conversation from Friday so interesting.  Might have gained some inspiration to change up what I do (or don't do  ;)) on a daily basis!!  Thanks for that girls!  Nice to see you here Catherine!

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was busy as usual.

Friday night we went to see Pat Benatar in concert.  It was an amazing acoustic show.  She and her husband are launching a bourbon line along with other spirits in the future.  The bourbon is being produced here in Michigan. We went to dinner and to the show with the owner of the distillery that is producing the spirits line.  So, we were able to go backstage before the show and meet the two of them.  It was a really great experience.  They were so welcoming. 

So, our plan was to go to the show, spend the night in the area (about an hour from here), and then Saturday go to our son's double header.  The double header was postponed due to the cold temps/possible snow.  BUT, I had made burritos and a double batch of scotcharoos for son and his roomies, so we went ahead and drove down to SB and did a food delivery.  We picked up a dozen donuts from a popular place right by where we stayed to add to the goodies.  We didn't stay long at my son's place.  They still were to have practice, and we wanted them to feel like they had a kind of "day off"  since they just don't have that at all during the season.  The last thing they all needed to do was entertain parents!  They were all happy with the drop off, though! 

Sunday we headed up north for "Easter" dinner at my parents'. Middle son and his fiancee went with us.  That was a full day.  It was a nice visit.  Got home around 7 pm.  All I wanted to do, was brush my teeth and go to bed!  But, I did make it until about 9:00 before giving in and going to bed!  I did sleep well though.  It was needed!

Today, I need to finish our taxes.  They are almost done.  I just needed a couple of numbers from hubs, and he gave me those, so I can get that wrapped up.  We should get a refund, so I'm sure I will feel like "why didn't I do this sooner", but I really just didn't have the time.  Or motivation!  Amazing what a deadline does for motivation!!

Other than that task, I need to do:
laundry,
make a grocery list,
meal plan for the week,
send a thank you to our distiller friends,
and hopefully have time to give myself a desperately needed pedicure!

Dinner tonight is Roasted Asian Salmon and green beans with brown rice. 
Should be a pretty easy dinner to prep.

Hope to hear from you all today!  We are stuck in the 30's today.  It is snowing - AGAIN as I write.   :o  Enough already!!!  8)
Have a wonderful day all!!

Pam

Wife of 32 years

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »
Having breakfast before I head hiking, yippee! Seriously, not getting in much hiking lately and I am excited to get out for a bit! After freezing temps and sleet Saturday, we're supposed to hit 90 on Thursday, ick! Anyhow, can only hike for 3.5 hours today as my older girls and I have eye exams this afternoon. I'm meeting my friend Pam, who seems like a mild-mannered grandmother at church. But at 69, she's a great hiker and fun friend! After retiring from her teaching career 3 years ago, she took up hiking, and has now also rappelled and kayaked with us. Haven't quite talked her into backpacking yet but maybe she will yet. ;)

I'm thinking dinner will be baked tilapia and 2-3 veggie sides. Maybe some yellow squash, asparagus, and ?

Morgan (now 11) auditioned for Showcase,  a district-wide talent type show for our school district, and got a singing part again this year. However, with the walkout still continuing this week, rehearsal are not happening (should be today), so we'll see what happens with it.

Hope you all have a great day!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:26:02 AM »
Pam, I am tired just reading your post! Sounds so busy! And like you've hit the ground running at home! Hope you have a great day and get a little rest (if needed).

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »
Catherine: Enjoy your hike!  Love to hear about your outdoor adventures!

When you have some time, would love to hear about your plan for your upcoming major hike in the fall!

Hope the teachers get some kind of resolution to their needs, and get everyone back to school.  Will keep the situation in prayer.

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:36 AM »
Good Morning Pam and Catherine. :)

Woke up to 3 little ones sweeping my room.  Like my own personal janitorial service.  Too cute. ;)

Not really sure what today is going to look like.  Only "for sures" are school and an early workout.  We may be going to pick up a new to us truck.  We are trying to decide between 2 different ones, so not sure how it will go yet.  Probably need to cook supper ahead of time just in case.  Other than that just normal laundry and if we don't go anywhere later this afternoon, tonight will be working on the bathroom remodel.  Do need to reorder my protein powder, running low and cannot run out of that. 

Catherine, have fun on that hike today. We are still cold here today too, but Thursday and Friday.....75and sunnnnyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Can you tell I am ready for those temps?  We will be outside-outside-OUTSIDE!!!! I could deal with those temps everyday of the year.  May try and get out with the horses and start getting them used to being exercised again.  It is always a shock to them after the winter of just lazing around by the lake and lounging in the fields. ;)

Pam, sounds like a great concert.  I love 80's rock, but would really have to think to come up with a song she sings other than "Hit Me With Your Best Shot".  At least I think she sings that?

Have a good day.  Maybe others will stop by too.

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »
Ha Ha Lindsay!
Let me jog your memory:
Love is a Battlefield
We Belong
Heartbreaker
Shadows of the Night
Fire & Ice
Promises in the Dark
You Better Run
for a few, and Yes -- Hit me with your best shot! (which sadly she did not sing :()

Feel free to send that janitorial service my way sometime!
Enjoy those 70's when they come along!  We are due for a short but very welcome warm up by weeks end as well!  Yay Spring!!

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
Pam- now I have a couple of those songs stuck in my head!  ;D ;D ;D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn