Author Topic: Thursday, April 12  (Read 886 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, April 12
« on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:38 AM »
Good morning!

It is beautiful outside!  Looks to be a perfect spring day.  I think I will enjoy it while it lasts because by Saturday afternoon we are supposed to have thunderstorms, straight line winds, and possible tornadoes. 

I have laundry going this morning and will hang it out on the line to dry.  I need to work in my flowers today.  I have irises planted around one side and behind my house.  There are a lot of weeds coming up and I would like to get them pulled and put down some mulch.  The cats will probably scratch all in it, but I don't know how to keep them out.

Tony got a lot of our garden space tilled yesterday.  We are expanding our garden to grow extra to sell at a local produce market.  Now we just have to wait until this last cold spell that is predicted passes so we can plant.  We're going to plant pole beans, October beans, wax beans, purple hull peas, squash, tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, and sunflowers.  That's all the definite things, but we may add more. 

Time for me to get busy!  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, April 12
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:25:18 PM »
Hi Cheryl and anyone else who might pop in yet today.

Not sure where the day went.  I slept terrible, so then I stayed in bed way too late.  (Like, not this afternoon late, but still!)  My day had been all messed up because of that.

I've been doing "things", but haven't really gotten anything "done".  Ever have days like that?

Hope you are enjoying your nice weather Cheryl!  Hoping to get a walk in after dinner since it is really fairly decent here as well.  It will be a one day occurrence though for us too.  It is suppose to be rainy tomorrow and Saturday with possible snow on Sunday and Monday.   :P

Having a whole chicken tonight for dinner.  (I'm cooking a whole chicken, not that we are going to eat a WHOLE chicken!!)  Will do the typical sides.  Mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, maybe a stovetop stuffing.  Nothing to fancy.  Would like to add a salad, but I have not been to the store for us yet this week.  That is on my agenda for tomorrow.  Hate doing it on Fridays, but absolutely refuse to do it on the weekends, so I have run out of options!   8)

Not much happening for us today/tonight.  Will be nice to have a kind of "off" night.  Especially since I have basically had an "off" day!

Hope everyone is doing well.  Would love to hear from you!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25