Author Topic: Wednesday, April 11  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, April 11
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:45:46 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

I meant to post yesterday but got busy doing something and didn't make it back here until later.

What are you all up to today?  We have some homeschooling to do this morning, (still haven't taken that break I need), then I think we will go visit my mother.  Every time I talk to her on the phone she mentions something about us coming to see her, so I think we'll surprise her with a visit.

Nothing very exciting happening here.  I sound like a broken record, but I enjoy checking in and hearing about your days.  Has anyone heard from Alice?  I miss her posts.  Hope to hear from a lot of you!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Wednesday, April 11
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:55:15 AM »
Good morning, Cheryl, and all after,

Supposed to be hiking today and taking my boys but have a UTI instead. I haven't really had issues with these except during my pregnancies with the boys but it sure stinks! I took oregano oil before bed thinking that might help (with the infection), but was up about 7 times last night and took a big glob of minced garlic with honey on it about 1 AM, along with another 2,000 mg vitamin C. The burning is a lot better this morning but I'm going to stay close to home and dose repeatedly throughout the day.

So, will plan to do a load of laundry, figure out dinner, exercise if I feel up to it (was super tired yesterday, maybe due to the UTI coming on), and maybe work on some planning. I have been slacking on that lately--just seem to have a lack of focus.

My yearly hiking trip with my dad is in 3 weeks! My mom is actually going this year but will only hike some days. I doubt she'll want to do the "strenuous" 12-miler we have planned for one of the days. We'll be in the Berkshires in Connecticut and Massachusetts, my dad's choice, some on the AT and some days just on local trails that sound good. This year, we rented a bungalow off Airbnb because our accidental ending up in an apartment last year worked so nicely. We can make and eat breakfast and pack lunches though we plan to eat out a big dinner in the evenings. I need to plan some easy meals for the family to fix the week I'm gone.

School is still out, surprise, surprise. I'm thinking it will be out the rest of this week, at least.

Mallory has an orthodontist appointment this afternoon. Today's payment and next month's and the braces will be fully paid for, yippee! We do the orthodontist's payment plan for our portion as they do not charge interest.

Nothing really exciting here. A couple of my girls are probably going to the church at 9:30 to help with VBS prep.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
Hi Cheryl and Catherine and any who may follow.

I never even opened my laptop up yesterday.  Hubs decided in the morning that we should go to son's baseball games in the afternoon.  So, that is what we did.  It's his senior year, and then we will be done with watching our boys playing.  I think I have been a baseball Mom for about 25 years now!  With quite a few years of 3 boys all playing at different levels.  It will be odd to think of not having games to go to.  So, hubs wants us to go to as many games this season as we possibly can.  That basically took our whole day yesterday.  We went to pick up a few groceries for son and roomies.  He just doesn't have any extra time to get to the store between practice, games, classes, and making up for missed classes.  It's a lot. 
So, that was our day yesterday.

Today was my usual weight watchers meeting.  My friend and I walked outside!!  It felt so nice to be in the fresh air.  It was a little chilly, but still felt so good.  Grabbed a quick lunch and then headed home.  Not much else for me today.  Hubby is working out of town this afternoon, so he won't be home for dinner.  That means my day is my own, and I don't have to worry about making dinner.

Catherine: I hope your UTI settles down for you.  How exciting to be planning such a fun hiking adventure!  I'll bet it will be beautiful!
Will be looking forward to hearing all about it!

Hope you got to visit your Mom Cheryl.  I'm sure she will be tickled to see you!

Have a great day everyone!  Hope the sun is shining where you are!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 11:33:01 AM »
Hey girls. :)

Normal day around here.  Just going to be struggling through the day because I didn't sleep well last night.  List for the rest of the day is to finish up school day, need to run another 3 or 4 loads of laundry, do some ironing (fun right?) :P, That is OK, I will just put on some Hank Jr. songs and iron away. ;) Also, need to get in a good workout, and figure out dinner.  That is pretty much how most weekdays are for us, but we really need that routine to keep things running.  We will probably try to start getting the ceiling put back in on the bathroom remodel tonight.  Other than that, don't know.  Oh my gosh, I am even boring myself as I write this. :P  We need a vacation!

Cheryl, don't know what happened to Alice.  Wish Janice would come back too.  I always liked reading about how different her days were on the ranch.

Pam. bet that walk WAS nice!  We are hoping to get outside tomorrow.  76 degrees, but the boys were talking about lots of wind, so that kind of cancels out the great temps.  Maybe they are wrong.  My fingers and toes are both crossed because Momma needs some warm and sun! :)

Catherine, that UTI sounds terrible.  Take care of yourself (sounds like you already are).  Sorry it got in the way of your fun day of hiking.  Are you a teacher now?  Did I miss that ? ???

Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 12:07:11 PM »
:)

Catherine, that UTI sounds terrible.  Take care of yourself (sounds like you already are).  Sorry it got in the way of your fun day of hiking.  Are you a teacher now?  Did I miss that ? ???

Lindsay

No, not a teacher. But the kids have been in public school for awhile now (this is their 4th year) and so the "strike" aka teacher walkout has had school closed last week and this week. Some districts are back but ours is not. The whole situation is frustrating. I think the W. Virginia strike set a bad precedent, sadly.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »
Catherine, seems like once I reached a certain age I started having UTIs all.the.time.  Doctor recommended cranberry juice but I couldn’t find any unsweetened pure cranberry juice in the stores, so every fall I buy bags of cranberries and can my own juice.  It’s very tart but seems to do the trick.

Hope you feel better soon!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm here reading but not posting. I thought everyone just left and that the forum was closing up due to non-interest. So I left but I have checked once in a while.

Along with that is that I'm in this weird funk right now. I don't sleep well at night because I get these sudden feeling of being overheated and it seems to start deep within. I feel sweaty and I just can't cool off. I throw off the blankets and then minutes later I'm freezing. Then it happens all night long. I now have kinks in my back muscles from the cool breeze. I move to the living room couch and nothing works. My belly has become fat and is sticking out and I know the winter has been the culprit that I haven't walked but I noticed it last year even while walking every day for up to 5 miles each day. I'm working full time and trying to do this on limited sleep.

Also, I think that my stress level is quite high. My youngest daughter in Italy last semester was stressful and now that she's back her college pulled a fast one on us. I'm stressed about that. Her college placed her status as withdrawn while she was in Italy and they also put down as graduated and reported that to her student loan company. They started the repayment process of 6 months grace and the payments would begin March. But she was actively studying in January but the college never changed her status. Shame on them. How could they have such messed up records? So now she has to prove she is a student and prove she was a study abroad student last semester. But they didn't give her any financial aid either. So, we are stuck paying for this entire semester with no student loans or she doesn't graduate. I'm so mad and yes, I'm very, very stressed. 

Then there is the issue of my dad and my husband. My dad loves a good argument so he picks on my husband by bringing up subjects that are sure to bring on a good argument and my husband takes the bait every time. It always ends up bad and I'm caught in the middle. I feel like I have to choose my parents or my husband but not both. They just can't be in the same room with each other and I hate that. I told them both that they are contributing to my stress level and my health is not good because of them. I asked if they would like to put me to my death because that's what they are doing.

This is way to much information but I am definitely not good right now. I'll try to come into the forum once again but I have to feel better. Oh, and going to the dr. isn't for me. This dr. can't seem to diagnose anything himself, he always needs to refer me to this, that and the other one. He couldn't figure out allergies (neither can the allergist), he couldn't figure out my cough which was reflux, he couldn't figure rashes. He can do simple things like annual exams, prescribe birth control pills and the other easy stuff.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
Alice: sorry you are having so much stress in your life right now.

Hopefully things will start to settle down, and you will get some peace.  I will keep you in my prayers.

I too have been having those warmth surges.  I talked to another one of my friends who has been having more of them than usual.  We wondered if the change in season could push those a little.  I never heard of that, but you are the 3rd person in the past couple days saying they were suffering from these. 
Maybe you can look for another doctor that can attend to your needs better.  Doesn't sound like the one you have is much help.

Take care of yourself. 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »
Alice, the "belly fat" thing you mentioned just screams wheat intake to me.  Like it might actually not be so much "fat" as bloating from wheat intake.  Could be absolutely wrong, but that was the first thing I thought immediately of when you said that.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 03:03:19 PM »
Oh, Alice.  I am sorry you are going through so much.  I hope things settle down for you soon.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 03:47:11 PM »
Catherine, seems like once I reached a certain age I started having UTIs all.the.time.  Doctor recommended cranberry juice but I couldn’t find any unsweetened pure cranberry juice in the stores, so every fall I buy bags of cranberries and can my own juice.  It’s very tart but seems to do the trick.

Hope you feel better soon!

I did make a batch of Cranberry Wassail this morning though I read that the cranberry is more preventative than effective once you actually have one. I know D-Mannose is also supposed to be helpful preventatively and may look into that more if I have another one. Hoping it's just a random thing, though. The garlic, oregano, and large doses of vitamin C seem to be helping for now.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 03:47:45 PM »
Alice, I hope you figure out answers to the health issues and that the rest of life settles down for you soon.