Author Topic: Tuesday, April 17, 2018  (Read 1471 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, April 17, 2018
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:54:25 AM »
Good morning!

Having my coffee. It was sure hard to get up this morning. I don't recall anything in particular, but my left very low back has bothered me the past few days. My hikes haven't helped it. Hoping that clears up soon.

On today's agenda:
The usual load of laundry
Acupuncturist appointment at 9
Figuring out dinner (been slacking on meal planning)
Some straightening up
Meal planning (for the next 3 weeks or so)
Maybe a short nap if I'm lucky
Exercise

After that it will be time to pick up Child #1 at 2:35 from the high school. How does that come around so quickly?
Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tuesday, April 17, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 07:51:07 AM »
Good morning!

I have had my coffee and breakfast. After that I got busy and fixed a dozen English muffins with eggs and cheese for the freezer.  Hopefully this will help Tony on those days he needs to leave very early for work.

My list for today looks like this:
*Laundry washed and hung on the line (one load ready to go now)
*Work on a menu for the rest of the week and make my grocery list
*Homeschool with Emily (the end is in sight!!  I'm so happy about that.)
*Continue with my decluttering.  Most of the house has been done, but now I am going through every room clearing out again.
*Weed my iris beds
*Round up the seeds we need to plant our garden
*Sweep and mop kitchen

Hopefully I can get most of it knocked out by this evening.  I better get a move on!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:35 AM »
Good morning everyone,

Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Snow, snow and more snow. I'm not going to let it bother me but really, snow in Mid-April?

I've been very tired lately. I even nodded at work yesterday and then jerked awake. I went to bed on time last night (I go to bed on time every night!) and slept fairly well. A couple of times I stirred due to being hot but went right back to sleep. I just don't know what is going on with me.

I made an awesome rigatoni with pasta sauce on Sunday but the men have that for lunches so I made another pasta meal that was really good. Chicken cordon bleu and that was fantastic. There are leftovers but we'll leave those for lunches or freeze some for when son works away on weekends. I put a frozen roast in the oven this morning and set the time bake to start a bit later. I added some carrots but skipped the potatoes since it won't bake for a while and I don't want the potatoes to turn color. Hopefully this will work out well.

My hubby bought a these roasts last week and one of them we rotisseried and I didn't like it at all. So I thought I would grind up the cooked meat and use it for tacos. That was a bad idea since it turned to mush once I put it in the skillet with taco seasoning. I was going to throw it away but my boys decided to add it to their egg skillet breakfasts and both loved it! Whew! Lesson learned--don't grind cooked meat.

I am going to put together some breakfast burritos tonight since they were such a big hit last week. Also, I'm getting a small grocery list ready. Fresh veggies and such as well a some dairy products. But that won't happen until the weekend.

Walking outside is a no go since this weekend but I hear the warm weather is coming by this weekend. I'm looking forward to that. So that is on the agenda for the weekend as well as storm cleanup around the house. The winds were pretty wicked this weekend and there are lots of branches down. We burned twigs once already and cleaned out the entire stock pile of twigs but I believe there will be another small burn this weekend. I've got my marshmallows ready for a roast!  I might even fire up the grill for hamburgers.

I had to talk with my adult son about leaving the kitchen a mess.  Wow! I came home from work and he had done the dishes but there was water all over the counter which he didn't wipe up and the sink was full of coffee grounds. I had to remind him I wasn't a maid and if he would please wipe up after himself and rinse the sink out. And the stove had egg spills that I gently reminded him to wipe up as well. He gets free room and board for one year after college but I'm still not his maid. He gave me a big smooch and "sorry".  He didn't mean to be messy.

That's it for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
Good Morning Ladies. (at least for another hour!)

Things here are more of the same.  Thought about going to son's games today, but they moved them from South Bend to close to Indianapolis, so no go.  That would be instead of a 2 hour drive closer to a 4 hour drive one way.  I considered it for a second, but the first game started at 11, so I would have had to leave by 6:45 to make it there in time.  Yeah, not so much.  They have had such crummy weather for their season.  Add to that, a lot (and I mean a LOT) of losses, makes it kind of a bummer.  The only silver lining I can see, is that since he won't be playing after this season, it might be a little easier to walk away from it. 

I am considering going down tomorrow for their game.  They are set to play at the minor league stadium.  They got cancelled out this weekend.  It's just one game, but I would like to get some pictures of them there.  We will see.  I would go to my regular weight watchers meeting, walk, and grab a quick lunch, and then head down.  We will see how I am feeling about it tomorrow.

The weather. Oh, the weather.  Just so tired of it.  Told my husband that I was considering going to the games today and then after just keep driving south!  Until I was watching the Braves game in Atlanta last night, and it was like 40* there.  Kind of ruined my plan!  ;D

Today I am going to try to be productive.  I am struggling with my mood these days.  The weather has me down.  I am fighting it, but it is so exhausting.  Another couple inches of snow.  Blah!  We are looking at a slight warm up this weekend.  Praying for it to happen! 

Good luck with that roast Alice! I'm sure it will be lovely.

Cheryl: you sound like you have hit the ground running!  Pass some of that motivation this way!  If you hung your clothes on the line here, they would freeze solid! LOL!  Glad you can hang them out where you are!

Catherine: hope your back is feeling better.  Will the acupuncture help with that?

Time for me to get busy. Hoping it helps my mood issues to get moving!

Dinner is chili cheese enchiladas with leftover chili from last night.
Have a great day everyone!!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 11:43:22 AM »
Hey girls. :)

Usual day here.  Taking a break while kids eat grilled cheese.  It is about 60 here today, which is sooo much better, and is supposed to be 73 tomorrow with a warm south wind.  Looking forward to that.  Pam, I get that seasonal thing too, always have as far back as I can remember.  I can usually ward it off by using my tanning bed (thankfully I have one at home, otherwise I would never get to go to a salon) once a week during the winter and making sure I get exercise each day.  If I do those 2 things, it doesn't really even bother me anymore, but doesn't mean I'm still not itching to get outside!  Then I can here myself, come about August, how I can't wait for it to cool off and all the outside yard work to end. HA! :D  Guess that is why we have seasons. ;)

Alice, my older kids have just really started using the kitchen to fix a few things for themselves and they leave the kitchen a mess too.  It is almost not worth having them fix their own snacks for the mess it leaves.  They eventually clean it up after being made to, but I really wonder when they will just clean it up on their own without being told.

Wow, I got called away in the middle of posting this and it is like 30 minutes later. Still have the rest of the school day, laundry to catch up on, and supper to fix. Also a workout to get iN .  It is LEG DAY!  There is a reason my oldest has a t-shirt that says "SHUT UP LEGS, YOUR OKAY". ;D ;D Gotta get back at it.  Will try and stop in later.

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »
Hey Cheryl,

I make the same kinds of sandwiches for my son on his weekends away. I have used english muffins but bagels are my choice. I take a pound of sausage and divide into as many pieces as I can then flatten them between oiled wax paper. Then I fry them to be very thin sausage patties. I put mayo on the muffin, then the sausage patty, then a fried egg, then cheese. He has those for lunches and then homemade frozen meals that I pack up during the week for supper. Anything leftover at a meal is fair game to be frozen for a meal for our son on the weekend. I don't want him living on fast food 3/7 of his week for when he works out of town 3 days per week.

Yesterday a lot of you posted about hungry kids and eating all the time and needing to get groceries a lot. I had to laugh because I remember those days! We still have those days during the summer but it's not like it was when they were growing up. I shopped twice per month and did HUGE grocery hauls and we plowed through so much food. I cooked all the meals and I was much more organized about meal planning then than I am now. I still sometimes shop like I have a huge family and it's been 5  years with kids in and out (mostly out). I would go back to those days if I could. Time is flying by and now I'm old and I can't go back. 

Oh, and the laundry that needed to be done! Memories of hanging my laundry outside early mornings before I went to work and instruction anyone who was home to take them off the clothesline when they were dry. I had three long clotheslines and we filled them all. So different from my life today. We barely do laundry except maybe two small loads per week.

OK, enough walking down memory lane.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats