Author Topic: Monday, April 23, 2018  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, April 23, 2018
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:10:08 AM »
Good Monday Morning,

How's your week starting out? Ours is starting out wonderful. The weather is beautiful and the weekend was just plain perfect. We got a lot of stuff done outside. We picked up all the debris from the windy storm a while ago and I took out the patio furniture and we sat out there for a long time yesterday.

It was my brother's birthday yesterday, 57 years old. He lost his wife in February. We haven't always had a wonderful relationship but when I called him for his birthday he told me he would be taking a ride on his motorcycle so I just threw out the invitation to stop by for coffee. He showed up and we had an hour of wonderful conversation. He is adjusting well and is calm and content. I was so happy that we had that time together. Maybe this relationship can heal because we are still family.

I walked and was very active this weekend and for the two day combined I walked over 27,000 steps which is a lot for me. I pushed myself so hard but the body was so sore during the nights that I didn't sleep well (achy all over!).

We had a couple of light but decent meals and we didn't overdo anything. The sorry turkey burgers ended up going into the garbage. No one could tolerate them. I hate it when I throw food away but there is no reason to eat something that tastes terrible. I mostly bought fresh items from the grocery store this weekend and the goal is just to work through some of the pantry and freezer items.

My husband wants to throw our youngest daughter a college graduation party but the problem is that we didn't do that for the other kids so I'm going to have to stay firm and say "no". We just can't do one and not the others. An alternative would be to have a shinding of some sort this summer when all the kids are home and then call it a "welcome to the world of adults" party or something. Or "no more tuition" party. It will be difficult getting all three kids home together because they all are scattered.

Well, anyway, I'm working all week and hoping to get into this walking thing all week if possible. The only thing I didn't get done was mopping the kitchen floor. I'll probably do that tonight. Sometime we have to clean the screened in patio as well but hubby will have to do most of that so I don't get stuff blown in my face and have an allergic reaction (which has happened).

That's my day.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, April 23, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »
Good morning, Alice and everyone to follow. 

It rained all day and night yesterday.  We were going to plant our garden, but now we have to wait.  I'm sorry to say that my Friday funk has stretched into today, so I will be limiting my screen time.  I know what part of it that's bothering me and I will just have to work through it.

I hope you all have a great day and I will check in later.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Monday, April 23, 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »
Hello!

Checking in late--still getting used to the extra-early mornings. The high schooler is only 15 minutes early but the elementary kids and middle schooler go 30 minutes early so it cuts down on my time at home in the mornings on days I hike. Have to fit my breakfast in between school runs. :P

I enjoyed the weekend of class and now have my Wilderness First Aid certification as well as an updated Red Cross CPR certification. The only rough parts were the drive up there leaving at 5 AM and driving through pouring rain and lightning (about 70 miles) while it was dark out (harrowing!) and then staying awake that afternoon after getting up so early. The scenarios we had to respond to on Sunday were great for getting us how to think how to act and treat in emergency situations. Also made me think of a couple more items to add to my hiking first aid kit.

Today it felt good to get out hiking. We did 6 miles, mostly off-trail. It got a bit warm (70's, which feels HOT while hiking, particularly up mountains), but was a beautiful day with a breeze rather than our usual gusting winds.

Dinner was Cowboy Grub from the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook, by Micah's request. It's a Mexican-inspired mix of cooked ground beef, pinto beans, rice, and corn with Rotel and Mexican spices.

Heading to bed shortly. Have a good night, all!

Catherine