Author Topic: Tues. April 24, 2018  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tues. April 24, 2018
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:07:39 AM »
Well, after a wonderful weekend as well as a nice Monday, we're back to 60s and 50s the rest of the week. Not liking the cool temps and drizzle for today and tomorrow.

We're back to a one income family--me. Hubby is going to quit his job again. He is not happy with any job for the last 5 years. He received an early retirement from his police work 5 years ago but he is much too young to stop working altogether but nothing is satisfying. Not sure what is going on but we do have to get to the bottom of this. Very frustrating. We will have to move through this and do it as calmly as we can.

We had a really delicious chicken pot pie last night. I didn't think I had any veggies but I opened my freezer and right at the top was a bag of homegrown green beans, some homegrown diced carrots, a bag of green peas and the pantry had a can of corn. There were biscuits in the freezer I made a month ago and I had some frozen chicken breasts. I didn't even have to dive deep into the freezer. They were all sitting right on top. I didn't even know I can peas in there. It was a wonderful supper. No leftovers so tonight we'll find something new.

We are going to have to put a halt on the groceries for a while now until we know how the finances will pan out. But I'm OK with that since the freezer and pantry are full of variety. We're pretty resilient and will make due with what we have on hand.  We were going to replace some hoses and a sprayer this summer but I think we'll make due with the old stuff for another year. Same with the vehicles, they run but their aren't in the best of shape so we'll just not replace them for a while. We also wanted to put in a fan with light in our upstairs shower to vent the shower better but we'll just postpone that too. We can't/won't use that shower because it doesn't vent well but at least we have one shower downstairs that we can all use.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tues. April 24, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »
Good Afternoon Alice and any who follow.

It was a busy weekend and day yesterday.  This is the first time I have even opened my laptop since Friday!

Friday night we went to a retirement gathering (just a stop by pop in), and then to a concert.  We met up with some old friends whose son is the lead singer of the band.  It was great to see them.  The show was great, but we left early.  We had general admission, so we were on the floor - standing, and it was packed.  I had on a pair of boots with heals, so that wasn't all that comfortable.  We just stayed a while, and then headed out. 

Sunday we headed to outside of Gary, IN for a double header.  It was so cold there!  We could see our breath at times.  We won handily the first game (17-1) and then lost in 14 innings in the second.  We really should have won, but our pitching gave out in the end.  Our son pitched 5 innings in the middle of the game and kept it tied, so he did what he could do.  We stayed in South Bend for the night.

Sunday was Senior day at the game.  They had a nice program for the 5 seniors on the team.  This game (against the same team), we won in the 10th inning!  That was nice.  We then went out to dinner with our son, 2 of his roommates and their families.  It was a great time, but we didn't get home until about 11 pm after driving the 2 hours to get home.

Yesterday I had my yearly mammogram, and then headed down to my hs gf's house.  Her daughter is getting married in May, so she was planning a girl's night out this Saturday for her and needed help with it.  We had a nice visit.
I was so tired when I got home.  We had dinner and I went to bed at 8:45! 

Today I am catching up on laundry, meal planning, and watching son's games on the TV via our firestick.  Nice to be able to watch it live.  They are playing about 4 hours from here, so I knew it was too far for me to go.  Some schools have live feeds, and others have just a pitch by pitch stats update.  Luckily this school has a live feed.

I ran an errand for my mom that was a bust this morning.  Her friend is in a local hospital here, so she wanted me to take her some flowers.  I went and got some, arranged them in a vase and fought the construction and traffic to find the heart center at the hospital. Turns out her friend is still in ICU, so she can't have flowers.  So, now I have a vase of flowers on my table.  Wish I would have known that she couldn't have them.  Oh well, at least I tried.

Sounds like all of you have been busy too. 
Alice: I hope your husband can find something that can keep his interest.  Could he do a security type job at a school or something?
Or is he not looking to do something so similar to police work?  Nice that you were able to visit with your brother.  Glad to hear he is adjusting with the loss of his wife.

Catherine: sounds like your weekend was really nice.  Enjoy any hiking you are able to get in this week!

I am doing chicken fajitas for dinner.  I have some peppers that really need to be used up.  Should be a pretty quick and easy dinner.  Just going to use some canned pintos to make some refried beans.  Didn't know what I was doing in time to do them in the crockpot.

Hope all of you are doing well!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »
Hey girls. :)

Been busy today and that will continue.  We are supposed to have amazing weather next week.  High 70's and sunny all week!! ;D ;D I am so looking forward to that.  Think I may have found  the horse that is right for us.  Have been looking since fall.   Maybe... if it is, we will have to go a couple hours south of here this week so I can give him a test drive. ;) We'll see.  Today leaves the rest of the school day, some more laundry, a leg workout, fixing supper (hamburgers and green beans), working on filling in some holes in the front yard (planted the grass in the backyard this weekend and it is already sprouting), and then disk up the front yard and get it ready for seed, and work on the bathroom remodel.  Whew!  That was one long sentence!

Alice, I was thinking the same thing as Pam about the police work.  Did he enjoy that job before he retired?  Maybe something up that same alley might interest him?

Pam, sorry it is still cold enough to see your breath.  Yikes! :P

Gotta get back at it.

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »
Hubby doesn't want to get into any kind of police work nor security guard. He said he hung up the gun belt forever.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats