Author Topic: Monday, April 30, 2018  (Read 872 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, April 30, 2018
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:07:40 AM »
Happy Monday!

We had a good weekend. Saturday was supposed to be a quiet day with nothing much on the agenda but it ended up being a very busy day.

We got a few groceries and the new garden hose we needed. We then went to the recycle center and looked at a a business that sells whirly thingies. Didn't buy anything as they are too expensive. We saw a few garage sales where I am looking for pots for my new patio herb garden. Saw no pots but did find a big garage sale that an elderly gentleman could no longer live in the house so when he moved into a more intentional care facility the house contents were being sold. We bought a bigger two step ladder so hopefully I can wash my outdoor bay window. We also got a small corded vacuum cleaner and a small handheld dirt devil. I like those for our cars and the screened in porch since we only have central vac in the house. Then I got two glass baking casserole pans and one mini bundt pan. Some Christmas lights for the porch, a brand new pillow still in it's wrapping, a brand new electric frying pan. There might be more but I can't remember. We then raked out all the red bark from our bushes and replaced it with a more neutral color bark. I checked out all the little LED solar lamps that I have scattered around the outside of the house and exchanged batteries on those that needed exchanging and finally washed our cars. By that time it was evening and we were so tired. I also made three meals on Saturday afternoon so for most of the week we just choose which meal we want and then reheat it. It sure beats having to haul everything out every time we want a meal prepared.

Sunday we went to church and rested but at 6 pm we had to drive to Lansing, MI to get our daughter who had been in Ohio for the weekend. We got her back at her college and then we went home. The alarm went off much too early this morning and now it's time to start the new work week. What a crazy busy weekend it was.

The meals I made for the week was corned beef casserole, cubed steaks and Italian sausage with red peppers and onions, and Indian rice and ground beef curry. I also made coffee cake in the mini bundt pan and they were delicious.

All in all it was a good weekend.

Alice
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:08:04 AM by Alice »
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, April 30, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 07:33:14 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Alice: sounds like you had a nice full weekend.

We did too.  Saturday we went out to dinner with son and his fiancee.  We met up with son's friend and our youngest son's girlfriend for dinner.  It was so nice.  We had a lot to celebrate.  Son's 25th birthday (coming up this TH), his fiancee got a marketing coordinator job, son's gf had just passed a huge exam for nursing school, and son's friend is getting married this September.  So, it was a great celebration all around!  So much to feel thankful for.
After dinner we went to a comedy show with son and future dil.  It was really great.  On the way home we stopped at a 24 hour doughnut shop for a snack.  Yummy.
We didn't get home until 1 am.  That is so late!

We totally slept in Sunday morning.  I think it was 9:45 when we finally woke up.  I can't remember the last time we have slept that late.  Especially hubby.  He is usually up by 5 am.  We had a low key day, and then met up with a group of friends for dinner.  It was a nice evening. 

Today I need to menu plan, do laundry, dust and vacuum and do a once over on the kitchen.  I need to find some time to look for a dress for son's graduation that I can also wear to a wedding.  I have looked on line, but haven't found anything that I like yet.  Not sure when the shopping mood will hit me.  Hopefully soon!

Tomorrow we are headed to Chicago for son's last ever college baseball game.  Will be odd to think that after watching my boys play baseball over the past 25 years, that this will be the last one.  Kind of sad, but happy for son to be able to move on to the next chapter in his life.  It will be a long day, because we will drive over, watch the game and drive home.  That will be about 6 hours on the road total.  But, I'm sure it will be worth it, and a fun day win or lose.

Guess I had better get busy.  I need to get some ambition to get things done around here.  One good thing, is it seems we are in for some actual good and warm weather!  It is so welcome at this late point in the season!

Hope all you girls have a great day!  Let us know how your day is going!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25