Author Topic: Tuesday, May 15  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, May 15
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:14:22 AM »
Good morning.

I had quite an adventure late Saturday night.  I stood up, took a couple of steps, then had a seizure.  I hit the corner of my bookshelf face first, knocking out a tooth and splitting my mouth wide open in a couple of places.  I ended up with stitches at the corner of my mouth and right through the center of my bottom lip. 

I am still finding bruises on my body, but hopefully they will fade soon and I will be back to myself.

My seizures are brought on by lack of sleep and stress, so in a way I have been expecting this to happen, but hoping it wouldn't.  Now I have people hovering over me expecting me to fall at any second.  I am trying to take it easy, but sitting around is not my thing.

I think I will try to work in the garden while it's cool out.  Later today we are supposed to get some rain.     

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, May 15
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:07:15 AM »
Oh my Cheryl. That is scary! Our youngest has epilepsy, so I know how frightening seizures can be.  His triggers are lack of sleep, dehydration and over use of video games. He takes anti-seizure meds daily, and it seems to keep them in check.  Scary scary stuff though. Hope you start feeling back to normal soon. I know it can take some time.  Take care of yourself!  Get some rest and destress!

I have been between crazy busy, and semi-depressed, so I haven't been here in a while. Trying to get back to normal, so hopefully will be better about checking in!
This past week has been go go go. 
Last Tuesday our son graduated from college.  It was a long but fun day and night.  We went early and went to lunch with him, one of his roomates and his parents.  After graduation, we went out for a bite to eat with both roomates that graduated, their parents, and siblings, and the baseball coach.  It was nice. We then all went out with the boys and a bunch of their friends. They were dancing and having fun. We left there at about 2:30 am.   :P  We had to be on the road by 6:30 because hubs had to be back to work.  We made it in time, but let's just say that I pretty much spent the day on the couch Wednesday!  I'm too old for that kind of "fun"!

Friday my hs bf's daughter got married.  She was married at the courthouse, and I went so I could make sure they had photos.  They had a photographer meet up with them at a park for family photos after the ceremony, but my friend wanted to make sure they had some at the actual ceremony.  So I did my best doing that.  They turned out pretty good.  Decided I could use some photography lessons!  I prefer to shoot nature.  That was a bit of a late night as well.

Saturday my middle son, his fiancee and her parents met up with us at a restaurant for dinner, and then we went to the minor league baseball game.  It was a double header.  We left in the middle of the 2nd game.  It was kind of raining, so we were done.

Sunday was a nice day.  First time in about 3 years I saw any of my boys on MD.  Youngest came home, and we met up with son, fiancee and her parents for lunch.  They had gone to Tulip Time in Holland, MI, so we met up with them over there.  It was a fun day.  Youngest son came home so he could borrow my car.  He is on his way to a college in Ohio to possibly, probably most likely commit to Grad School.  He would be a Graduate Assistant for the baseball team there.  They will pay tuition, room and board, and give him a small stipend.  It is a great opportunity for him to be able to get a master's degree basically for free.  Well, he would work for it by coaching, but that is his one true passion, so it would be win win!  I hope it works out for him.  The only drawback, is that he will be 7 hours away from home.  Much farther than just 2 hours. 

Last night we went furniture shopping.  We have needed new livingroom furniture for a LONG time.  It just kept being put aside for other things.  Right now we have a sofa, loveseat and a recliner.  We have decided on 2 sofas (there is only a $40 difference in the price of a sofa vs. a loveseat.???), a large storage ottoman, and a rug.  We are going to tear up our carpet to get to the wood floors underneath, so I knew we needed a rug.  They have everything in stock, and said "we can have it delivered by Saturday."  Ha ha!!  I no way can have it delivered by Saturday!  I need to pull up the carpet, polish the floors, and paint.   ;D  It may take some time!  On the way home, we stopped at the hardware store to grab some paint chips.  I think I have the color picked out, so I need to go buy that, and get going on that.  After that, we will need to figure out what to do about curtains, or shades, or whatever.  We might go back and get a chair later, but I just can't right now.  My mind was already swimming in decisions!  Plus I want to see if we actually have room for one with 2 sofas.  Hopefully we will.

Today I am going to a movie with a girlfriend.  She is picking me up since I don't have a car today.  Hubs leaves Th morning for a couple days, but his writing partner will drive, so I will have access to his car until son gets back from Ohio.  I don't think he will come back up until Saturday night.  He and other son and their girls are going to visit my parents Sunday, so he will probably just keep my car until then.  That is fine since I will have a vehicle available.

Guess that is about all that is going on in my life. 
Hope all of you are doing well.
Rainy here today and tomorrow.  Need to mow our lawn, so hoping to do that on Wednesday! 

Take care of yourself Cheryl!!  Will keep you in prayer!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Tuesday, May 15
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »
Good Morning, all.

Cheryl--scary. Take care and get some rest.

My daughter graduates on Saturday and she also is looking at grad. school in Ohio! She has already applied but I'm not sure if she will get in for this fall.  Our son helped her pack up a lot of stuff last night and he brought a car load home. I had no idea they had planned to do that but that is just less for me to help her with tomorrow. It is so much better to have the muscles (and the youth) of my son to do the moving home for her. I'm hoping my part tomorrow is minimal.

It's raining here again today. Yesterday it had cleared up for most of the afternoon but it started raining again during the night and has been raining all morning. I really hope it will clear up and dry out just a bit. Especially for Saturday when it is graduation day.

Not much going on in my world except for the activities of the week.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats