Author Topic: Thursday, May 17, 2018  (Read 1307 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, May 17, 2018
« on: May 17, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »
Hello Ladies!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, May 17, 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
Hi anyone who pops in!

A little later than usual for me.  I am trying to get a handle on my living/dining room update.  I bought paint and supplies yesterday. 

Had one of our sons buddies come over last night and help hubs move a couple big pieces of furniture into the garage to get them out of the way.  I am down to a loveseat, tv stand & tv, a couple of end tables and lamps in the space.  I should be able to work around all of these things.  Will probably take the end tables and lamps out of the space when I get down to it. 

Today I am just clearing things out.  Lots of magazines and books, and some old papers that have been circulating around.  Time to deal with them and get rid of everything I can.  Once all that is gone, I will wipe down all the trim and make sure the walls and ceiling are ready for paint.  Not planning on picking up a brush or roller until tomorrow.  I scheduled our furniture delivery for June 1, so I don't have to rush the process.  I just don't want to feel stressed about it.  Hoping to get the bulk of the painting and cleaning done by Saturday.  Want to pull up carpet on Sunday.  That way I can clean and polish the floors next week.  Would love to have them refinished, but that is a huge expense.  Looked into DIY, but I'm just not confident that would go very well for us!   :o

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Alice: hope the move went without any hiccups for you last night, and that your dinner roulette was a success!  Did the boys make dinner for you?

Nice weather here the last couple days!  Loving that spring is finally here.  It has been a loooooooong time a comin'!!!

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:37 AM »
Hi,

Pam, sounds like a very busy job you are doing. Carpet replacement and new furniture is going to happen for us too but I'm not sure when.

The move went well, but the woman marking the checklist decided she had to find something so she said the shower wasn't clean enough. I brought The Works cleaner and cleaning it myself from top to bottom. She said there was some dirty "pink" residue in the corners. Strange, I scrubbed it all and then wiped it dry with a towel. No way could there have been "pink" dirtiness in the corners. So I did it again, and then marked that it was OK. She also wanted my daughter to re-do the top of the bathroom light since "that was still dusty". Then she pulled open the desk drawer and said that was dirty. She really wanted to "find" something wrong. I think they plan these things during the orientation for checkout procedures. Maybe they have to have a minimum of X amount of problems or else they will get in trouble for not identifying enough problem areas.

The dinner was frozen corn dogs. My son bought is own sub sandwich and my hubby got home after I did. I also offered make your own turkey or ham buns. Well, I realized that if I don't make dinner, no one else will do it either. I think I'll try this more often, that is to not make supper and see what the family does.

I have to mow the lawn tonight since I'm not available tomorrow night and then graduation on Saturday blows the entire day. I want it done for Sunday when we'll have a little get-together and I don't want overgrown grass.

After this busy week, I think I need a day off next week. Maybe not until the week after. I'll have to see how my work load will be looking.

Dinner tonight is probably tacos, taco salad, or something along that line.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »
Alice: Isn't it interesting (and sometimes frustrating) when nobody steps up to fill in gaps when you aren't there? 

When my boys were home, we would have "make your own" dinners about every other week or so.  There was usually leftovers available, or they would make a frozen pizza.  It would be nice if others would take the reigns and make dinner for everybody, but not something I really ever expected.

I guess I could have said "hey - it's your night to make dinner", but I know we would have ended up with food from some take out place, and I never wanted to spend $$ that way.  Not when it was all 5 of us.  Way too expensive. 

Hubs made breakfast for me on Mother's Day.  Can't remember the last time he made anything using the stove! 

Good luck with commencement!  Our son's took like a day and a half! (well, just a few hours, but it felt like FOREVER!!!)  Such a long ceremony!  Enjoy, though!  Hope your gathering goes well.

Pam
Wife of 32 years