Author Topic: Thurs. May 24, 2018  (Read 912 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thurs. May 24, 2018
« on: May 24, 2018, 06:44:34 AM »
Happy Thursday!

We've had a lovely week of some nice weather (after Monday). It has been pleasant and nicely warm. I took 1/2 day off from work yesterday to see what I could do around the house.

The first thing was to find a few things in the freezer to make a big pot of spaghetti sauce. Then I made a tater tot casserole. I inventoried a bit and decided I did not need any groceries. I then went to drop of recycling and to the grocery store to get cat food and a free bottle of ketchup. I decided to get a container of cottage cheese because we like that with our spaghetti.

I then stopped at the greenhouse to buy some herbs plants and flowers to get ready to plant my pots on the weekend sometime. I also needed some potting soil to freshen up the soil. I use the soil from previous years and freshen it up with fresh. So all my pots are freshened and are waiting for the flowers and herbs to be planted.

Then I noticed that everyone in the neighborhood was mowing their grass and much to my dismay, ours needed it also so that's what I did. With all the rain, sunshine and nice weather, the grass is growing like crazy and it was in need of a mowing.

I got all the laundry folded and put away from people washing it but never folding it nor putting it away. I wanted to vacuum the carpet and mop the kitchen floor but time escaped me.

My daughter leaves next week for her summer internship in Connecticut. I'm excited for her. But I know her well and adjustments are very difficult for her so the first couple of weeks will be that time of adjustment. She'll be living on a yacht for the summer. Not sure what happens when the internship is done. Hoping for grad school acceptance for the fall. If not, she will have to find work quickly.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats