Author Topic: Tuesday, June 5, 2018  (Read 1118 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, June 5, 2018
« on: June 05, 2018, 07:32:35 AM »
Good Morning to all!

;D   8)   ;D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:50:11 AM »
Good morning, Pam and anyone checking in.

I was thinking about what I wanted to do around the house this morning.  I had decided to straighten up the pantry shelves because they're in such a shambles.  It seems things get taken out then just shoved back in any old way, no matter if it's where they actually go or not.  After checking the forecast, I think I will switch my plans around and do the pantry later.

It's overcast here today and the humidity is so low that it's pleasant outside.  I think I will take advantage of it and wash my windows. They really need it, especially the kitchen windows.  I will tackle the pantry this afternoon if I don't fall off the ladder washing windows!   :D. I hope I don't, so wish me luck!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, June 5, 2018
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:55:44 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone is off to a good week.  We had a super busy weekend, so I just kind of checked out yesterday.  I had a long to do list, but hubs was out of town until tonight, so I just kind of indulged myself and spent time with a book and a couple of movies.  I did run a couple of errands, so I wasn't a total loaf!  I wanted to get a watermelon from Aldi, and needed some lemons.  Aldi had neither.  :(  So, I ran to another Aldi across town.  No go.  So I went to Meijer.  That's not what I wanted to do, because I had been there Saturday, and the watermelons were over $5. each.  I resigned myself to paying that, but when I got there, they had them on sale for $2-something. So, that was great. 
Got the watermelon cut up and the pineapple I picked up as well. 
I got one load of laundry done yesterday.  Working on finishing that up today.

Our weekend was full. 
Friday our new furniture came.  I am really happy with it and with how the rooms look now.  Still need curtains, but haven't decided what to do in that, so it can wait.  The bulk of the project is done.  The minor details will come together whenever. 

Saturday we walked up to the HS for the State Track Finals.  Our niece was running in one event.  It is about a mile and a half from home, so we walked to avoid dealing with the parking situation up there.  She did well, and it was nice to see some family that had come to support her.  After that, we walked home.  Hung around for a bit, and then walked over to a graduation open house in the neighborhood.  Came home, and then we went to the country radio station's concert event.  It was at the local minor league ballpark, so we parked at the middle school and walked in.  Again to avoid the parking hassle.  The headliner was Rascal Flatts.  It was a good show, but wow a lot of people.  And a lot of people unaware of their limits when it comes to alcohol.  Crazy!  Sure would not have wanted to be working security, or as one of the law enforcement officers there.

We didn't stay for the whole show.  Nice thing was that we had the play list, so I looked it over, and said -- okay, after they sing this song, we can go.  And we did.  We live about 2 miles from the stadium, and when we got home, we could still hear the concert!  Not clearly or anything, but wow, it must have really been loud!
Sunday we had 2 more graduation parties to go to.  So that was how we spent the afternoon.  Busy weekend.
Glad I took yesterday to recover!  LOL!!

Today I have put some wood floor rejuvenator on the hallway floor and the landing steps headed upstairs.  I had just a little bit left in the bottle from doing the living and dining rooms, so I figured I might as well just use it up.

Not much else is happening in my world.  On my to do list is coloring my hair, but not sure if that will happen today or not.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Would love to hear from you!
Be careful on that ladder Cheryl! Enjoy your low humidity while you can!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25