Author Topic: Thursday, June 7, 2018  (Read 1190 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, June 7, 2018
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:17:20 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, June 7, 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »
Thought I would get this started for the day.

Hope to see lots and lots of you check in.

We are on the eve of the weekend!  Any big plans for any of you?

First things first.  Getting through today!  I don't really know what I have for the day.  When hubby is out of town, I kind of dilly dally a lot.  I did get deep into a book last night, so will probably pick that back up. 

My kitchen still needs some attention.  I WILL get to that today doggone it!  I keep putting it off.  I need to clean the stovetop for sure. It has been bugging me as of late.

Other than those couple of things, not much.  Need to start my 30 day arms challenge.  Will get that done today.
I need a pedicure desperately.  Not sure if I want to go have that done at a nail salon, or just do it myself.  Will have to decide and take care of that.
Also need to color my hair.  Maybe I will get to that as well.

A piece of wall art is suppose to arrive today, so will get that put up when it shows up.  Hoping it turns out good.  It is a 24x36 print on canvas of a photo I took.  It is a bunch of colorful rocks in Lake Superior.  I think it will be a good addition to my living room.

Hope everyone is off to a great start.  We are in for a bit of a warm up into the 80's.  I probably should get a walk in this morning before it gets too warm. 

Hubs will be home late tomorrow.  We have a full weekend, and a crazy busy week next week.  Guess Summer is here!
Have a wonderful day everyone!  Let us know what you are up to and how you are doing!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Thursday, June 7, 2018
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

Yes, I'm here and I've been reading the few postings that have happened but not so much activity.

Lots going on in my world, again. Daughter left for CT and she's going through her adjustment period which is always rough on her but rough on us as well. We continue to encourage, encourage, and encourage some more. She let us know how cold it was there and since she didn't think to pack a blanket for her bed nor a sweatshirt or long sleeved shirts, we had to send a package out to her already. We will have to do what we did when she was in college and that is to keep the lines of communication to a minimum and not respond to some things because we want her to work them out herself. We don't want to give recommendations and problem solve for her. It is hard to "cut her off" but we know this is the best solution for her to adjust herself.

We're going to go down to my income again very soon and I go through this planning period of suddenly shutting down the grocery shopping and trying to cut all spending until I get an idea of what it will be like on just my income again. This time there is no mandatory tuition so that will help. I was hoping to get some newer vehicles but that will be put on the back burner yet again. At least we have transportation.

My grocery list this week is about the same as last week and that is only milk and other fresh items. I can make do with pantry and freezer again and it is actually quite refreshing to do so. I think we emptied about half a dozen containers of this and that over the last couple days. Soy sauce, ginger, bag of tortilla chips, croutons, a container of mini tomatoes, and a couple more I can't think of right now. The ginger is OK since I have ginger root in my freezer that I grate as needed. I had a spare soy sauce in the pantry, croutons I can make when I want them and tortilla chips are not necessary. Oh, we used the rest of the homemade french dressing and the ranch dressing but I can make those whenever we want.

Dinner tonight is something at MIL's house. We don't love going there because it is all processed food but we do it because she wants to do it. We had a crunch taco casserole last night, chicken pot pie the night before, chicken curry the night before that and Sunday was a big roasted chicken.

We have a 5K run near our house on Saturday so our road will be closed so I have to plan wisely if I want to get out during that time. But maybe I will stay home and clean house. My kitchen floor needs a good mopping. What I really want is a steam mop (cheap) to clean the mess.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats