Author Topic: Friday, July 6, 2018  (Read 989 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, July 6, 2018
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
Happy Friday!

It really felt like a long work week even though we had Wednesday off! So tired from the humidity but last night the humidity lifted and we can much more comfortable weather. We even turned off the A/C and opened all the windows. It has been a much cooler and breezy day today and very much welcomed!

We had a few more fireworks and booming stuff last night but not nearly so loud nor for as long. The cats did much better. I know some communities are having fireworks on Saturday night so it might start all over again.

We had a really good and simple supper last night consisting of asian salad and hamburger BBQ made with chicken gumbo soup. That is how my mom always made it while I was growing up but I like it better now than I did then. My kids just love it. We had them on open faced hotdog buns because that is what I had. They were so good and there might even be some leftover for tonight. The asian salad was in a huge bowl and only a little bit remained so I'm unsure if there is any left for supper tonight. We'll scrounge around for the rest of the meal since I don't want to cook a full meal tonight. This is probably one of the most inexpensive meals around.

Tomorrow hubby has to work and I'm helping to bring my SIL's kitten to the vet with her. My daughter will come along for something to do. We may do some thrift store shopping while we are at it. We'll have to see how the day turns out. I don't see any yard work that needs to be done and maybe a small load of laundry that will be done after hubby gets home from work so his work clothes can be added in. It might be a fun day!

Where is everyone?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats