Author Topic: Monday, July 30  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Cheryl

Monday, July 30
« on: July 30, 2018, 08:01:34 AM »
Good morning if anybody is out there! :)

Hope everyone is having fun and staying cool.

I'm trying to stay cool, but having fun, not so much.  I've been busy trying to keep up with my garden, canning, freezing, and pickling.  I'm sort of caught up today so I thought I would pop in here and see what everyone else is doing.

We're getting ready to start school in a few days.  It's hard to believe Emily starts high school this year.  I thought I had all her curriculum ready, but discovered late last week we didn't have science.  I got that ordered last Friday and we will be good to go once it gets here.

If you get the chance check in and say Hi!  Hope you have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, July 30
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 10:40:39 AM »
Good afternoon,

I'm here today after a while of being away. I have been incredibly busy at work from the end of June and and first three weeks of July and then I went on vacation last week.

I had a wonderful vacation on the East Coast, particularly Connecticut where my youngest daughter is for the summer. I brought my oldest daughter with me since the girls would not otherwise see each other this summer. I have never been to the East Coast so this was a new adventure for me and a much needed vacation!

We saw a lot of sights, ate a lot of good food and enjoyed each other's company. It is now back to work and the regular duties of home life. But I feel rested and energized.

No one has been posting lately and I'm sad about that. Where is everyone? I was hoping to catch up on a lot of reading but there was zero. Boo.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 11:41:25 AM »
Hello!

Having lunch and thought I'd check in. Been working around here this morning some and need to work on meal plans and the budget this afternoon. I took Mallory to the library for her shift, washed my sheets, cleaned my bathroom, and steam mopped the kitchen and my bathroom.

School begins in 11 days. I think we are all ready. Maddy is not yet back from her camp job but will be home Sunday or Monday-she'll be a senior! Mallory begins high school this year and starts her JROTC training tomorrow. Morgan starts middle school, and the boys will be in 3rd and 5th grades. I have the boys' supplies purchased and uniforms ready. For the girls, I have bought paper, pens, and pencils, then will pick up other needs as the teachers tell them what is needed.

It has been miserably hot here as well, and more humid than usual. We are getting a break from the heat today (temps only in the 80's!) due to a storm front that came through about 3:30 this morning. It has been a dry year so we are grateful for the rain.

Dinner tonight is hamburgers and brats. Simple.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 12:18:21 PM »
Hi girls.

Sorry Alice, I would have posted last week, but I figured I talk to myself far too much as it is. :D

Rest of the day for us--lunch is done--so next my workout to get out of the way.  It is raining here, so will spend the rest of the day on school planning.  Kids are playing board games right now, so that is nice and quiet.  Just called chiro to try and get in this week because my hands have started going numb again at night and disrupting my sleep.  They are sooo booked up, but she said she would talk to him and see if he couldn't make it work and call me back.  Hope so.  I am soooo tired these days. 

Not much else here.  Just trying to get ready for the school year, so that involves lots of planning.  Cheryl, what science did you end up getting this year?  Got all of my curriculums in on time.  Just need a bit more school supplies and some downloads to buy as well. 

All for me.

Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 12:52:56 PM »
Lindsay, we ended up getting Abeka.  It’s certainly not my favorite, but Emily likes it and I let her choose. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn