Author Topic: Wednesday, October 16, 2013  (Read 1658 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, October 16, 2013
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:01:40 AM »
Good Morning

Hopefully today I get more of yesterdays list done. ugh I got lots done yesterday just not what I had originally planned. I have to clean kitchen TODAY! I clean it just not the deep cleaning I have been wanting to do. Mainly because of time.  So off to get laundry and dishwasher going and at the end of day I have to do bookwork. I have a few tomatoes to can yet too. Nothing exciting!!

Have a great day
Janice

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: Wednesday, October 16, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
Good morning Janice  :D

What a morning I've had so far.  It all started out pretty normal....I have gotten everybody fed and out the door and Aaron fed and he's asleep since he worked last night.  I have a load of clothes on the line and the bedrooms straightened.  I got Evan in his swing on the deck and started mowing.  That was going really well until I somehow managed to get chicken wire wrapped around blades on the mower.   >:(  I hate it when things like that happen.  I don't even know how the chicken wire got into the yard. Soooo, I had to open the garage, drag out the floor jack and jack the mower up.  Down on the ground I went and spent 15 minutes or so wallowing around under the deck of the mower with a pair of wire snips, cutting that mangled mess of wire loose from the blades.  Man, that was a mess.  By the time I was finished with that, Evan was at the end of his rope in the swing so now we're in the house and he's lying down.   I guess I"ll finish the mowing when Aaron wakes up.   Since I"m in the house for awhile, I guess I'll clean the top of my fridge and the cornice board in the dining room.  I also need to make a gallon of tea and dustmop the floors. 

Tonight's supper is vegetable beef soup which I already have in the crock-pot.  I think I'll make some garlic cheddar biscuits to go along with it. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
Good morning, for just a few more minutes!  ;)

Slept later than usual again...still recovering from the flu thing.  Feeling much better today, just easily tired and still have some congestion in my ears.

I've been online tweaking my Azure order that goes in today and looking up some items at Sam's Club to price.  Trying to plan a few needed but rare purchases and find the best pricing (vanilla beans, capsule maker, etc...).  I also need to make a list of what I need to get for laundry detergent making to get those things at the commissary.  I used most all of my ingredients last time I made it.  Also, trying to decide where to get a turkey from...need to order it now if we're getting from Azure or the health food store.

Working on laundry...washing my sheets early after sweating in them being sick.  I've already folded 3 other loads today and have them just about put away.

Dinner tonight--kids will eat at church.  I will have leftovers or something cheap like Taco Bell.  Earl is helping his friend with some carpet tile and won't be home till late.

Janice, good luck with the kitchen cleaning!
Beth, good job on getting the mower straightened out.  Hope the rest of your day goes better.

Catherine

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
Two kids napping! Usually I'm busy holding Josie. :)

I'm caught up in laundry! Well, in washing it. Behind in putting it away, but that's my next mission. That along with cleaning up our bedroom. I have found by asking my husband to deal with the kids for half an hour so I can clean has really made a difference in the house. It's not deep cleaning, but it's not embarrassing either.

I have to say... I really like not being pregnant anymore. Both boys pregnancies went relatively well, and even during the pregnancy, I could see myself having more children. But with Josie's, I just kept falling apart physically. And I think I managed to "check out" somewhat too. It's hard to explain, but I lost my ability to notice stuff during the pregnancy. I wasn't on top of stuff at all.

Now, I feel like I'm being more of a helpmeet to Chris. I can actually bend. ;) I have energy to do stuff, I'm not constantly napping. I'm not dumping it all on him, I'm able to parent better too. It feels good.
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie