Author Topic: Monday, Aug. 6, 2018  (Read 1335 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Aug. 6, 2018
« on: August 06, 2018, 08:10:12 AM »
Hello Friends!

:) ;D 8) ;D :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Aug. 6, 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:22:00 AM »
Good Monday Morning!

We are finally getting some rain.  It has been so hot and dry for so long here.  Rain is welcome!

Other than, I need to go get groceries, and I hate to in the rain, but we need so much that I have no choice today.

I am going to menu plan before I go, so I need to get to that right away.

I have laundry going, and want to make sure I get that all wrapped up by the time I need to work on dinner.

We were up north again Saturday/Sunday.  Saw a great concert and had so much fun with friends. It was a 4+ hour drive one way, so lots of time on the road!  I am happy to have a much slower week ahead.  The really only major plans we have this week, is to go to our son's baseball game on Thursday night.  He is set to move to Ohio in 12 days.  We will go down to make sure he is settled around the 28th, and to bring down any things he still needs from home.  After that, we probably won't see him until Christmas.   :(

Hope all of you are having a great day, and had a fun or restful weekend (whichever you prefer!)
Alice, glad you enjoyed your turkey!  Maybe you should do BBQ or something for Thanksgiving!   :D  We usually do turkey several times a year, but we love turkey, so that probably makes a big difference for us.

I agree with summer going too fast.  I have heard a lot of people saying "I can't wait for fall", and I am like "NOOOOO!!  Too Soon!  Too Soon!"  Summer has seemed so so short!  I welcome the cooler temps, and even a more "scheduled" way of life I guess, but soon after that beautiful weather comes the nastiness that we call winter!  (Not a fan!)

Talk to you all soon!  Hope to hear about what you are up to!
Pam

Wife of 32 years

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting here having "brunch", I guess you'd say--homemade Mushroom Chicken leftovers. I went out early to do water aerobics in Bath Lake in Medicine Park (really a wide spot in a large creek that was turned into a swimming area many years ago). Starting at 9:30 AM you have to pay to swim there, but going early we can swim for free, and my 80 YO hiking/biking friend has been teaching them on Mondays there for us. She used to teach them at the local university (as well as regular aerobics, hiking, etc...).

I hurried home to shower and change and get the girls to their check-in at the high school which was ending at 11:15, only to find out as I got into the shower that the crew working on the road on that corner hit a gas line so the building had to be evacuated. So now check-in is postponed till 1:30.

I have a load of towels washing and the dishwasher running. Need to figure out what is for dinner and if I need to thaw something. Might take a little nap as I didn't sleep well last night.

Have a good Monday!
Catherine

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »
Yes, it's raining. Very strange but I checked the weather forecast yesterday and I only saw cloudy and no precipitation. Now we get a full blown rainy day. I'm not complaining but I let my automatic sprinkler work my well for 1 1/2 hours this morning before the rain!

We had repurposed turkey leftovers yesterday for lunch and that was really good. I was able to freeze two small containers for a turkey casserole sometime this fall. Tonight I'm making a big pot of spaghetti. My daughter leaves on Thurs. and she's having two friends over for dinner. I figure it is her home too while she is home for the summer so having her friends over is nice for us. I get to cook a meal and we always have a lot of fun with her friends. Often, we just sit and laugh the whole evening.

My youngest daughter had her birthday in Connecticut yesterday and her boyfriend was there. He took her whale watching. The guy who did the tour said that they only see whales about 40% of the time but they were giving a show yesterday, much to their delight. They also saw dolphins that only show up 10% of the time so that was also a highlight. She said she would send pictures later since I don't do FB. She is now on the last 2 weeks of her internship and then she's moving to Ohio the same week that she comes home from CT. Then there were 3.

WE still have our skunk problem but now there is a family with young ones. Those young ones do as much damage and the parents. Digging all over the yard. One night last week I woke up and because it was cool outside our windows were open. I saw my cats on the bay window seat looking outside and right underneath the bay window walks a skunk. I prayed my cats wouldn't growl or hiss or make any noise at all. I also didn't dare slam the windows shut. It walked over to the neighbors yard. We had to take action. We called a man from church who is an expert in capturing these things so he gave us some hints. We also have groundhogs or something living under a neighbors barn. They dug holes to get underneath. We see them at dusk coming out to walk around.

Well, that is my boring life! I'm OK with that though.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »
Catherine: Water aerobics in a lake, not a pool sounds really fun and refreshing!  Hope you were able to get some rest this afternoon.

Alice: I sure hope you find a way to combat those skunks!  How frustrating and alarming for you!   So exciting that your daughter got to see such amazing wildlife!  That is amazing!

Good to hear from you girls!  Hope to hear from some more of you all!

Pam
Wife of 32 years