Author Topic: Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018  (Read 1297 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018
« on: August 14, 2018, 09:27:20 AM »
Hello Ladies!!
 :-*
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »
Wow!  Time is flying by!

It has been go go go around here!  Must be for all of you ladies too!  Haven't seen a lot of posting going on here.

I have been having a little back trouble as of late.  Went for an adjustment last week.  Have to go back tomorrow as well.  He is doing some new kind of treatment that is kind of a scraping thing along my spine.  I have some scar tissue along my lower spine so he is working on breaking that up to give me more range of motion. 

Thursday night we went to one of the last regular season home games for my son.  It was good to see him for a little bit.  They made the playoffs, so they played (and won) in Kenosha WI last night.  Tonight they have a home game.  I am meeting his gf there for the game.  Hubs is in Detroit for work today. 
Son is moving Friday (or Sat. depending on the games) to Ohio for school.  I will need to work on getting some of his things here organized for him to pack up and go.  Looks like he might not have much turn around time to get it together.  I was hoping they would lose so he would have a couple of days off before leaving.  It is a big deal for the team, because they have never made the playoffs before.  I guess I will try to root for them, or at least stay neutral!

We had a fun weekend.  Went to see the movie Christopher Robin with my girlfriend.  Hubs went to another ballgame with a friend of his.  The movie was really cute.  I enjoyed it a lot.  But, then again, I always loved Winnie the Pooh!  It is definitely more geared towards a more mature crowd.  At least 9 and up.

We spent the night at our friend's, and then went to the Detroit Tigers game on Sunday.  It was such a fun day!  Long, but super fun!

Yesterday I focused on laundry, and had to run to Aldi to grab some produce.  Did a corn and black bean salad over greens for dinner.  It was tasty.  I will be grabbing some of that for lunch/dinner today. 
We walked last night as well.  Felt good, but wow, was it hot! 

I did a short walk this morning already.  About a mile and a half.  It is starting to heat up, so I'm glad I at least got that in!

I need to fold one last load of laundry as well as the things that were hanging to dry.  Will get those put away.  Dishwasher needs to be unloaded. 

Need to leave around 4:30 to get to the game.  I will be there early, but want to try to beat some of the rush hour traffic.

Hope you all have a great day and evening! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »
Hi Pam and anyone else who drops in. :)

Just another school day packed full of learning here. :)  Unfortunately, I have a feeling this week isn't going to end up that good because I have one that woke up with a fever and sore throat.  That will undoubtedly make its way through our whole family.  No fun! :P :P  Who wants the flu in August?? :o  Any takers? lol :D 

The rest of the day is to finish school up, do some laundry and ironing, get a workout in, figure out supper and fix it, and hopefully make it out to the greenhouse this evening to begin cleanup for the fall planting.  I am sure the kids will throw in some jumping on the trampoline in there somewhere. ;)

Everyone must be super busy.  Even less than usual showing up here.  Just wondering, has anyone heard from Erica lately?  Been thinking about her with all those fires in her area and have lost her email so don't know how she is.

Pam, I loooovve Winnie the Pooh too!  Since I was little EVERYTHING was Winnie the Pooh and has been with my kids too!

Anyway, on with the day. 

Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 01:06:06 PM »
Hello!

Just sitting here for a moment before I shower (finally!) and leave to pick up the high school girls for their dental exams and cleanings. This morning, I messaged my friend Bonnie (who is in town temporarily till next week while her husband does a class with the military) to see if she wanted to walk at the park. We only did 3 miles but it was really humid and the sun came out right before we finished and went to get breakfast, so that was a good amount. Then she needed dog food and I needed cat food so we stopped by TSC before going home. I have gotten bills paid and a few other random small things done at home this afternoon, and just finished a yoga video for the abs. Hence the late shower.

Pam, hope your back gets to feeling better. That is the pits. Just barely over a bout myself. I am finding yoga to help, thankfully. Also did about 5 visits with a chiro.
Lindsay, Erica is fine. She posts regularly on facebook. Lots of destruction in their area, though. :(

Morgan's 12th b-day is tomorrow, so I need to get ready for that. Hard to believe that she will be 12. I plan to hike in the morning as it's one of my last few chances with my friend. It will be a humdinger heat-wise but I can't go very early these days now that school has begun so will have to wait until 9 to start. :(

Have a good evening!
Catherine