Author Topic: Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018  (Read 1150 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018
« on: August 16, 2018, 01:06:25 PM »
Hello everyone!  .......anyone?

What a crazy couple of days it has been!  Went to the ballgame Tues. night.  They ended up losing 3-1, which was fine, but not ever fun to lose I guess.

So, I'm thinking, cool, there is a couple of days until son needs to move into dorms (Saturday was the plan).  His gf said "we will either come up Wed. or Th to pack up what he needs from home.  I will let you know.  Cool, all is cool.

Wed I get a text saying "we are coming Th"  Ok, sounds like a plan.  About 10 minutes later I get one saying "just kidding, I guess we are coming today.  and moving him dow tomorrow."  WHAT!?!?!  So mad dash around town grabbing a couple of last minute things I wanted to send with him, and then home grabbing some meat out of the freezer for dinner, throwing his bedding into the washer, cleaning up a hamper basket for him to take, throwing dinner together and putting in crockpot, and then leaving for the chiropractor.

Appt. was great actually.  He was shocked that I was 100% better than I was at the last visit.  I had been continuing to do the stretching/yoga poses that he had me doing during the last treatment, so that must have helped.

Came home, and when son & gf arrived, I finished pulling dinner together, and we had a nice time. 

Then we got him sorted out and packed up his truck and off they went!  I think it was about 8:30 or so when they left.

I haven't heard from them as of yet, so I don't have any idea what time they left from her parent's house this morning, or what time I should expect them to get to the school.  It's awesome having a self-reliant kid, but sometimes being left in the dark can cause worry.  I did text his gf about a 1/2 hour ago to see where they were, but have not heard back yet. 
I just keep praying for safe travels and arrival until I hear that all is well.  And then it will be prayers of thankfulness!

Catherine: hope your time spent with your friend was enjoyable!  I had planned on walking this morning before it got too warm/humid, but by the time I was thinking about going, it was already pretty uncomfortable. 

We are going to the theater tonight to see some Elvis thing.  I think it's a showing of the comeback tv special or something.  I'm not that into it, but hubs is a big Elvis fan and wants to go, so I'm sure he will enjoy it.

Hope all of you are doing well! 
Love hearing what you are up to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
Just got a text that they arrived at the school, no problems. 

(was concerned that his truck wouldn't make it, it was a huge bone of contention between he and us)

So, I am thankful they are ok.

Will go down in about 2 weeks to see for ourselves!  She is going to stay a couple of days, and then head back home, and back to school herself.

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
Pam, glad your son and gf had a safe trip!  YES, the heat and humidity have been AWFUL. Yesterday, I barely hiked two miles. Just felt rough. We are not typically a very humid area, but this summer has been way more so than usual. Then when that's coupled with temps in the 90's, it feels unbearable. I got in one last hike with my friend yesterday before she headed back to El Paso. Might do one tomorrow starting at sunrise with a friend who works M-F outside the home.

Have a great weekend! Glad your back is on the mend.  Yoga has been helping mine as well. Most the moves are similar to the "stretches" my chiro gave me.