Author Topic: September 17, 2018  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Rooney

September 17, 2018
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:18:25 AM »
Knock knock.  Anyone live here anymore? ???

Offline Cheryl

Re: September 17, 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »
I’m still here, Lindsay. 

I’ve been busy canning.  I have a lot of pears to can this week, and hopefully after I finish those I will have more time.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
I'm here as well.  Things have just been busy, and I have not been on my computer much recently.

Had kind of a social media viral situation recently.  My son has the same name as the kicker for the Cleveland Browns.  After an exceptionally bad game this past Sunday, the Browns fans started to pummel him on twitter with mean tweets.  Trouble was, they were actually pummeling my son!  It actually was pretty funny, and his response to it all ended up going viral.  He was interviewed all over the place, including ESPN and the MLB network.  I think it has died down now, but it was a crazy couple of days for him!
Monday also saw tornadoes in my oldest son's area of Richmond.  He and my dil were safe, but it was kind of nerve wracking for a while knowing they were so close. 

Hubs is on the road again for work.  Will be home tomorrow night late.  This weekend we have a wedding to attend.  It will be nice to spend a little time together!

Not much else happening here.  I really should prioritize my project ideas list and work on one while hubs is back on the road next week.  Looking for motivation for that!!  LOL!!

We have had a bit of a cool down, and will be quite a bit cooler yet starting this weekend. It is welcome, but wow the mosquitoes are insane!!!
Hope all of you are doing well.  Would love to hear about what your days are like.

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:56:00 AM »
Life! No great excuse. I have a job interview this morning at a local florist. I applied to be a part-time delivery driver. Was looking into a full-time more "career" type job but just don't want full-time hours at this stage in life. Still feeling the need to cook nutritious dinners for my family and mostly be here when they come home from school/work. Plus I need flexibility so I can go backpacking now and then, LOL. Basically, looking for a job to provide "hobby money" and some extras here and there. This is why Earl referees volleyball--his "hobby money", as he says. Mallory is referring middle school volleyball as well.

We have a humdinger of a rain storm coming in overnight tonight, so will work a bit in the garden later. Also need to go to my volunteer job at the library and do some shelving. Mosquitoes are horrible here as well, Pam. I have to put repellent on to work out there. I'm sure this rain will make it worse, but we sure need the rain and I'm excited to get back down out of the 90's, temperature wise. Some models are showing OKC to get upwards of 20 inches from this slow-moving rain storm, which would be a very bad thing for them (they could flood at 5-8 inches). We're "only" supposed to get up to 3-4 inches here, which is still a lot here all at once.

Mallory has a JROTC inspection today so is fluttering around making sure her uniform is up-to-snuff. She is REALLY loving JROTC, surprisingly. Maybe this will be a good career for her as she so often talks about (Air Force). We shall see over the next few years of high school.

Dinner tonight-thinking keto potpie for the adults and regular chicken potpie for the kids.

Happy Canning, Cheryl!
Pam, I'm sorry people were like that to your son. :(

Have a great day!
Catherine