Author Topic: Friday, September 21, 2018  (Read 1141 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Friday, September 21, 2018
« on: September 21, 2018, 05:56:33 AM »
Good morning!

Thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone is around.

Had my job interview yesterday morning, and the guy told me he'd be interviewing the rest of this week and part of next so I assumed I wouldn't hear anything for a week or so. Except he called yesterday afternoon and offered me the job! It's nothing crazy, just delivery for a well-known local florist. He (the owner/manager) tried to talk me into working over on the retail side but I held firm and insisted I was more interested in delivery. Is that weird? I just feel that I have gotten to know myself over the years and that my introvert self would prefer the delivering and not constantly being "on". Yes, you have to interact with people, but with breaks in between where I'm just driving a vehicle or loading and unloading it. It doesn't pay great, but I'm after flexibility and part-time hours at this stage of life. Also the movement aspect so I'm not sedentary or just standing all day.

Anyway, we're supposed to have lots of rain all day today, so my plan is to do some reading (Izabella Wentz's book Hashimoto's Protocol) and meal and budget planning. Since I'll be working 3-4 afternoons per week from 12 or 1 till 5 (and every third Saturday 9-4), I need to make dinner plans that I can do in slow cooker (going to buy one since we've been without for a while now after breaking the last) or Instant Pot, and save more involved meals for days off and weekends. It's also my day to wash sheets, and will try to do a couple other loads as well.

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend! And I hope some might be able to check in later.

Cheryl, how's the canning going?
Pam, did you get any rest after all your travels the past few weeks?
Lindsay, is everyone well at your house now?
Alice, what's new with  you?

Catherine

Offline Rooney

Re: Friday, September 21, 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »
Catherine, so happy you got the job that you wanted! :)  I can really relate to how you would rather be moving around town in a vehicle than standing or sitting all day long.  Congrats!! :)

Yeah, we are well again, for now.  I say that knowing we are heading into the sick time of year.  Thank you for asking.

I have just been covered up with school.  We are having a really good year this year.  Feels to me like the best yet, but with a high- schooler that is getting into some pretty in-depth stuff,  this year is requiring more grading, if nothing else.  I had to order him some more  supplementary books for both social studies and English.  Found a really nice used book place online and got 5 of the six he needed for $21.  New, they would have been well over $100.  Still looking for a hard to find book.  For some reason this particular book is very expensive, even used. Maybe it is out of print or something.  I will keep looking.

School right now is really taking up most of my days, so I am afraid I don't really have anything interesting to share.  Kinda the same routine most days.  Also still working out six days a week and trying to change up my workouts to get really sore each time.  Just feel like I have hit a plateau and will have to change something up a lot to really see a difference from now on.

So the kids' lunches are about ready and I am sitting here eating a leftover ground turkey patty with pickles and mustard.  Thinking some iced tea sounds good too.  After lunch it is back to school work.  I have many, many spelling tests to give this afternoon.  It is supposed to really cool down tomorrow.  Like from today mid 90's to this weekend lower 70's.  If there isn't rain it would be nice to get out and ride horses and maybe another trip to the park.  We went to the park last weekend, but they have put in such a beautiful one only a mile or so from here (which is unusual because we are so far out in the country).  It has really nice playground equipment, beautiful lakes, a walking trail, a place to use remote control cars and planes, and are putting in lots of other stuff.

We really need to do a grocery trip tonight, but I am thinking it may get pushed to our usual Saturday.  We'll see.

Gotta get back at it.

Lindsay

PS-  Catherine, did you notice that your last two posts are at the exact same time.  Now that is an exact schedule! :)  Yeah I am weird and notice things like that. ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:40:39 AM by Rooney »

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Friday, September 21, 2018
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »
Lindsay, no, I didn't notice that but it's funny! Guess that's because I usually have coffee and computer time before I take the high schoolers to school.

We are getting the EXACT same weather change with this cold front and rain. Super excited to be into the 70's. I'm so done with the 90's, although they were at least better than the 100's, I guess. The weather people are saying they don't expect us to see 90 again now this year.

Glad you're all well and hope it stays that way!