Author Topic: Tuesday, October 2  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, October 2
« on: October 02, 2018, 07:21:41 AM »
Good morning!

I wanted to check in before getting started on my day. 

I didn’t get a lot of restful sleep last night.  I just haven’t felt 100% the past few days.  Not sure what’s going on. 

I know I said I wasn’t going to, but I believe I will start canning some of those free pears I got Saturday.  I have a bucket that’s just at the right stage so I need to get to work.  The others are good for awhile, still firm but not quite ready to can.

Hope you all have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Tuesday, October 2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »
Hello! Just home on my lunch break as I live just a few blocks from work. Today's my long day and I woke up tired, but the morning has gone quickly, at least.

Pinto beans are in the slow cooker for dinner, along with the ham bone from Sunday dinner and a few scraps of ham. Maddy will start corn bread about 4:30 or so and dinner should be about ready when I get home from work. I put a load of laundry in before I left this morning and just switched it when I came home for lunch. Have to get the hang of this new schedule.

Maddy ordered her cap and gown yesterday--hard to believe!

Not much going on here-just acclimating.

Cheryl-happy canning and I hope your hands do okay.

Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, October 2
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:48:47 PM »
Hello Ladies!

Sounds like y'all have full days today.

I went to my weight watchers meeting this morning, and then walked and lunched with my friend.  (more mosquitoes around here as well). 

After that, I got my car washed (so desperately needed after weekend in the U.P.)  Did a quick vacuum of the car as well. 

Came home for a little while, and then saw that some vitamins that hubs takes (and is out of) were on sale, so I ran and picked up a couple jars of those.   Also got some gas while I was out. 

Now, I feel like I can stay home tomorrow.  I need to do my switch over of fall/winter clothing, and put away summer stuff.  I will work on that tomorrow. 

Friday I am off to the North again.  Have to meet hubs about 3 hours from here Friday afternoon.  We will be on Mackinac Island Friday-Sunday.  Might spend some time in the UP Monday, but not sure yet.  Depends on the weather and how we are feeling about staying away from home.  Hubs left today, so he might be ready to come back home by Sunday instead of staying up there. 

Not much else for me today. 
Just salad for me for dinner tonight.  Quick and easy since I am on my own.

Hope all of your days were productive.
Hope the canning went as planned Cheryl!
Glad you are liking your job Catherine!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25