Author Topic: Monday, October 8, 2018  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, October 8, 2018
« on: October 08, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
Hello!  Anyone around today?

Is everyone so busy with life we have so time to greet each other?  I'm just as guilty.

I noticed that just over night it seems the tree have really begun to turn color and the leaves are dropping to the ground rather quickly!  Not loving that.

I have a huge pile of tree branches, twigs, and logs that need to be burned. But I first have to re-do the burn pit. We used little red bricks to make a small campfire pit but the brick has broken. Now I will use paver bricks (since I have them) and then dig out the old ash and get it ready for a little campfire. I burn little by little more the size of a campfire because we can't have burn pits but we can have campfires during safe times. So I do little by little and enjoy the fire. It should be a nice evening for me to redo the pit.

Hubby's back has been giving him trouble so he can't help and son works 7 days per week and is on his feet all day. I won't ask him to help. I'm OK with that.

Dinner will be something but I'm not sure. We got some reduced priced tri tip beef roast that I made on Saturday and we have a small bit leftover and I also got some reduced priced meaty soup bones that I made a really good beef vegetable barley soup.  Homemade buns rounded out the meal yesterday and there is a tiny bit leftover of that.

We've had quite a drizzly weekend so we weren't able to do anything outside. But we having a couple of warm days so that will be nice to do a few things outside. I already put my patio furniture away for the season.

Really nothing exciting for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, October 8, 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »
Hello Alice and everyone.

I meant to jump on here first thing this morning but I got busy, then next thing I know it’s lunchtime. 

It is still miserably hot here, around 90 degrees and humid almost every day.  I am ready for cooler weather, not winter though.  I want cool days where I can go outside without getting all sweaty and slapping mosquitoes.

I picked a bucket of bell peppers yesterday.  I cut them up this morning and put them in the dehydrator.  I had about 10 red pimento peppers that I diced up to put in the freezer.  My hot peppers will need picked in a day or two.

I just put a turkey breast in my instant pot.  I had it on the menu for tomorrow but I already had my IP out from this morning when I did eggs in it, so I decided to go ahead and cook my turkey.  I can’t leave my IP on my counter because my kitchen is too small.  Sometimes it’s a pain having to drag it out of storage to use.

Well, that’s all the excitement around my house.  :D. I’m battling allergies or a cold, not sure which, but I’m miserable at times with my stuffy nose. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn